YouTube app for Windows Phone

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So almost 2 years ago Google disabled Microsoft's great official YouTube app. Does anyone know of any news if this app will ever return? I loved that app.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course. I use tubecast and metrotube but I loved the official YouTube app Microsoft developed. I really want it back.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Tubecast is actually better than the official Android and IOS apps. I've had few friends drool after using the app for sometime and eventually searching for it on the Play Store :p

Last edited:

Meteyy

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I think that this app will be not returned. I think that its the same as with snapChat. Google will not support WP because it is competition

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
mytube was ok, but like metrotube, the subscription feed is incomplete and videos are not in order by date.
How good is TubeCast Pro? Decided to buy it.
hopefully better than both previous options

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
TubeCast Pro is nice, it has a ton of useful features plus its universal so buy it once and use it on all platforms

Thanks its working well so far.
One issue I have though, is it does not show all my subscriptions when sorted alphabetically
anyone know a fix for that?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
They should take google to court over this. Google cannot be doing this it must be against some kind of competition or monopoly rules.

Timur Bakibayev

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Why do you need the apps? First, it shows great on the website. Second, in WP10, it even supports all youtube things like subtitles and more. I don't see any reason for having an additional app for youtube...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need the apps? First, it shows great on the website. Second, in WP10, it even supports all youtube things like subtitles and more. I don't see any reason for having an additional app for youtube...

Because it's more convenient to open an app than the web browser and type m.youtube.com into the address bar and wait for the page to load each time you want to watch a video. An app parses the information into an uncluttered interface that removes the ads that show up on the page itself. Not only that but not everyone has W10M, so as far as I'm concerned those "things like subtitles and more." don't exist yet.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ever thought of pinning the site to your start screen?

No, because I'm that much of a dumbass that I didn't even think about it!!! /s

And anyway, how's that different to opening the website by going directly into the web browser and typing m.youtube.com?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's more convienient for you. Just what you asked for. :)

How is it more convenient?

All it does is loads the web browser and loads the mobile Youtube webpage, you still have to wait for each page to load when switching videos and you could just open the browser and type m.youtube.com into the address bar anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb