ZDNet's David Gerwitz is the next to flame Windows

aerosidinc

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like someone paid a hefty sum to verge and zdnet writers. otherwise how come everyone writing similar articles at once. it all seems like planned up thing.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I think you're right. Someone paid them a little something extra. However, I think they liked getting paid for something they were willing to do to start with, simply because of their bias.

MS could do the same thing with several publications, if they were so inclined to do so. They just don't seem to be inclined to do so.

This could be a major reason for the MS bashing. Perhaps these writers are telling MS, "Hey, pay a fee, and we'll give you favorable reviews." The word "fee" here is pronounced "bribe".

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I use mac... To make mac and cheese 😉

I had bought a mac to get back into iOS programming... Long story short, I returned it after a couple of days... While returning it, the return guy was asking why? Just so happened, another employee showed up to check that everything was in the box and stated sneezing when he touched the Mac... My response was, "he must be allergic to Macs too".... The guy sneezing started laughing, the first guy I was dealing with started to get a little miffed. (sry of topic, had to share)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use mac... To make mac and cheese ��

I had bought a mac to get back into iOS programming... Long story short, I returned it after a couple of days... While returning it, the return guy was asking why? Just so happened, another employee showed up to check that everything was in the box and stated sneezing when he touched the Mac... My response was, "he must be allergic to Macs too".... The guy sneezing started laughing, the first guy I was dealing with started to get a little miffed. (sry of topic, had to share)
That's hilarious! :grin: I love that story.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've always found it strange when tech bloggers leave the Windows ecosystem. They're always like, "HEY GUYS LOOK, I TOTALLY LEFT WINDOWS! YOU GUYS ARE FOOLS IF YOU DON'T LEAVE WINDOWS TOO!"

When tech bloggers switch between iOS/Android, they be like, "......."

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've always found it strange when tech bloggers leave the Windows ecosystem. They're always like, "HEY GUYS LOOK, I TOTALLY LEFT WINDOWS! YOU GUYS ARE FOOLS IF YOU DON'T LEAVE WINDOWS TOO!"

When tech bloggers switch between iOS/Android, they be like, "......."

The problem is that it still seems to be cool to hate on Microsoft regardless of the remarkable changes they've gone through.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to calm down and not take things so personal. Talk about insane ?????

We aren't taking it personally. What I personally find hard to grasp is why this so called tech journalist found a need to write a flamebait article about switching to a different platform. Lots of people switch platforms but no-one bothers to write an article about it. I just feel that this guy decided to write the article as a means to show hate for all things Microsoft.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
We aren't taking it personally. What I personally find hard to grasp is why this so called tech journalist found a need to write a flamebait article about switching to a different platform. Lots of people switch platforms but no-one bothers to write an article about it. I just feel that this guy decided to write the article as a means to show hate for all things Microsoft.
I don't think it's uncommon to write about that. Lots of people in this forum write about switching platforms too. This columnist just didn't write a very interesting article about it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria