So, any new rumors on VZW and 6.5 upgrade?

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard any rumors, or actual status on when Verizon will release their official WM 6.5 upgrade? Just curious, as I am not too sure I want to mess with ROMS at this time.

Brent372

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I work for VZW and have where the new ROM's are stored on the network. I check every day (sometimes several times a day) but there is still only the 6.1 build that it is shipping with.
So as far as I can tell, they don't even have one in testing yet.
Just as frustrated here as everybody else...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey Brent - thanks for the insider info... Something to remember though is that it usually takes 4-6 weeks for TA of a software package, so if the "November or December" release on the Microsoft site for TP2 updates is correct, we should see something in the system soon.

I can tell you one major sticking point right now is that the builds for 6.5 are not working correctly with Rhapsody/VZW music service (the software doesn't recognize the device as something that can carry the Rhapsody to Go licenses) so even though VZW isn't saying it's a "RTG" capable phone, users that are already on the service will blow up if they can't get it working with the "update"...

Keep us posted if you see anything cool though!

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
So just what is with Verizon????? Now on the front page here it says Sprint might be Jan 6th. I thought Verizon was the big dawg of celluar land! Yet AT&T had theirs come right on the phone, and Sprint might be just a few weeks away. I thought I went with a progressive and vey advanced company when I left AT&T to go with VZW. Perhaps I made a (very costly) mistake?

Myclevername

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Right - my bad

the footnote says the dates are provided by their partners and subject to change (of course) but this probably is as close as we'll get to official dates. I'm sure the carriers and HTC will never announce an official date for fear of missing it. The update will just appear and we'll all scramble to tell each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon