Device ID/Sync Issue

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I sync my Tilt 2 to an XP netbook & a Vista desktop. It runs some things that require unlock files, based on the device ID. Recently, there were some issues with those apps. After a lot of frustrating experimentation, I discovered that the device ID of my phone had, at some point, changed from the original. I then discovered that my phone's device ID was changing each time I made a sync connection with my Vista computer. I'd never seen or heard of this before. Has anyone else had similar issues? How do I stop this from happening each time?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thats wierd. I wonder if its something in the settings or the viata? Way beyond any expertise I have. Hope you can get it figured out.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Thats wierd. I wonder if its something in the settings or the viata? Way beyond any expertise I have. Hope you can get it figured out.

Definitely is weird. It doesn't happen on the XP machine. I'd assume there's a setting or patch somewhere to fix it. But I've never seen anyone else mention it, anywhere. So, I've looked as deeply as my expertise (very limited) will allow, both on the phone & on the PC. I'll try HTC support & some of the Microsoft support newsgroups.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, I asked about the same issue at xda-developers. The one response I had last night suggested that I delete all pairings for this phone & re-pair it with the correct device id. Since he mentioned ActiveSync, I'm assuming he uses XP, which has never had that problem for me. Anyway, I tried that on my Vista box. The first thing Vista did was change my Device ID. :thumbsdn:

XP leaves the Device ID alone, but moving things between phone & PC requires having both my file manager & ActiveSync's Explore function open. Vista changes the Device ID every time I connect, but I can use my favorite 2 pane file manager (Servant Salamander) for both PC & phone for exploring & moving things back & forth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon