My first smartphone..

rushwal

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
This is my first non dumb phone (AT&T Tilt2) and I keep running out of memory. Is there a way to get rid of the bloatware that comes on the phone without putting a custom ROM on it?

brat1475

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
There used to be a trick on older WM6 devices to hard reset the phone, and then soft reset the phone before customizations kicked in. Unsure if that works with 6.5. Also, you wouldn't have Sense UI, just vanilla 6.5. Other than that, a cooked ROM may be your only option.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
This is my first non dumb phone (AT&T Tilt2) and I keep running out of memory. Is there a way to get rid of the bloatware that comes on the phone without putting a custom ROM on it?

Brat1475 is mostly right, although some phones will just have a pause, then just install the carrier customizations, anyway. And, like him, I can't tell you if that works for WM 6.5 or not. I've had my Tilt2 for almost 6 months, lots of experimentation installing stuff, still no need for a hard reset. And, surprisingly, AT&T seems to be less invasive on the Tilt2 -- there seems to be more that I actually use & the rest doesn't get in the way. Perhaps because I don't usually use Today or TF3D, so I can mostly select which icons display & which don't. And the Tilt2 really has a good chunk of internal storage & program memory.

If you have specific apps you want to get rid of, maybe we can help with those. But, as BRAT1475 mentioned, if you hard reset without bringing back the customizations, you lose some of the good stuff, too.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Brat1475 is mostly right, although some phones will just have a pause, then just install the carrier customizations, anyway. And, like him, I can't tell you if that works for WM 6.5 or not. I've had my Tilt2 for almost 6 months, lots of experimentation installing stuff, still no need for a hard reset. And, surprisingly, AT&T seems to be less invasive on the Tilt2 -- there seems to be more that I actually use & the rest doesn't get in the way. Perhaps because I don't usually use Today or TF3D, so I can mostly select which icons display & which don't. And the Tilt2 really has a good chunk of internal storage & program memory.

If you have specific apps you want to get rid of, maybe we can help with those. But, as BRAT1475 mentioned, if you hard reset without bringing back the customizations, you lose some of the good stuff, too.

I am finding the same as kraski with my pure.

rushwal

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
In continuation of the original question, is there a way to make another browser the default? I just downloaded Opera Mini 5, and I really like it over the 3 other browsers installed (IE, Opera Mobile, and Skyfire) Is there a way to uninstall Opera Mobile (came pre-installed)?

rushwal

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, another question. I have the trial SPB Shell on now, but I was going to retry stock before buying to see if there were any features from sense that I prefer over SPB. I was also thinking of trying a ROM, but can I get back to stock after flashing a ROM, or is it a one way street? What is the preferred ROM for Att TP2/Tilt2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon