Serious Battery Drain

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
I've been having some off and on battery drain problems lately (no user-made recent changes to device - VZW TP2 with WM 6.5). Take this morning for example. Device fully charged at 5:30am. No phone callse, no e-mail (Exchange Push and one POP account that checks every 15 minutes). By 7:30am I was down to 60% charge. That's a 40% drain in 2 hours with almost no usage. I'm confused considering just yesterday things went well with some calls and a good bit of Push e-mail and I only used 50% of the battery in a full 12 hours.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Have you change locations lately? The reason I ask is when I get that kind of battery drain it is usualy a weak signal that's causing it. I would set the radio to CDMA and Verizon only. Does the Verizon TP2 have a SIM card if it does take it out when you are not using it. Watch for the screen not turning off as well this will cause excessive battery drain soft reset usualy solves that.

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
I'm in my home area. But you do bring up an interesting point. This trouble started after I got back from a month of roaming in a GSM area. I'll yank the SIM and see if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon