HELP!!! Iphone vs Fuze

3_Holes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm due for an upgrade and I have att which leaves me with 2 good choices, the Iphone or the HTC Fuze. I currently own the Tilt and I loved it when i got it but now i have grown tired of it (no offensive to anyone that has it). I have been looking for pros and cons of the two, but they all end up canceling eachother out. I love to txt, surf the internet, and listen to music. Can anyone give me advice on which one i should choose. Anything would help, so thanks in advance.

guht

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I use to have the HTC Mogul, which was basically the Tilt, and I loved all the customization you could do to it, but hated how slow it was and how limited the RAM was on it. Eventually the keyboard on my Mogul (Tilt) broke, and I switched to AT&T to get the iPhone 3g. At first I absolutely hated the iPhone, but I grew to like it. I dropped my Iphone one time last month from about 4ft, and the LCD screen broke. I replaced the LCD screen myself for 40$, but unfortunately it kept freezing and rebooting. I decided it was time to try the Fuze. It has been hard switching back, but I am coming around slowly. That being said here are my thoughts.

If you like texting and writing emails than it is hard to beat the slide out keyboard of the fuze. I dont care how good you are with the iPhones virtual keyboard it sucks in comparsion to a solid qwerty keyboard and the fuze/tilt has always had one of the best in my opinion. I am a bit rusty with mine because I used the iPhone for a long time, but it will be an easy transition for you coming from the Tilt. Where as trying to transition from the Tilt to the iPhone virtual keyboard is going to be frustrating for a Tilt owner.

Fuze also seems to do a very good job at browsing, and it has the skyfire browser, which supports flash. This is something you will not find on iPhone!

You will also not find copy & paste on the iPhone, which has even the greatest iPhone fans pissed off! :p

The fuze also seems to have other cool apps like MusicID, streaming radio, etc. which are some of the more popular iPhone apps.

I am not impressed with the fuze TouchFlo 3D interface though. It is very clunky and unpredictable compared to iPhone. I really do miss the iPhones sleek and attractive interface. The touch gestures on the iPhone are amazing.

I feel like the battery life is slight better on the fuze also.

My suggestion is try one of the phones out for 30 days. AT&T allows you to try a phone and if after 30 days you dont like it, you can return it, and get a different one. There is a 20$ stocking fee I believe, but it might be a good option for you. Be sure to ask for all the details regarding this as AT&T are jackasses when it comes to the fine print, which is the case with most phone providers! :D

Ok, I'm due for an upgrade and I have att which leaves me with 2 good choices, the Iphone or the HTC Fuze. I currently own the Tilt and I loved it when i got it but now i have grown tired of it (no offensive to anyone that has it). I have been looking for pros and cons of the two, but they all end up canceling eachother out. I love to txt, surf the internet, and listen to music. Can anyone give me advice on which one i should choose. Anything would help, so thanks in advance.

3_Holes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanx that helps a lot but I just have a few more questions. Are there any upcoming phones that are either unlocked or for at&t that are worth waiting for?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Thanx that helps a lot but I just have a few more questions. Are there any upcoming phones that are either unlocked or for at&t that are worth waiting for?

I dont know about mp3 alerts. There are always reasons to wait. There is always an awesome device just around the corner. The next greatest, amazing, awesome device that makes all other devices look like silly toys is just on the horizon ready to make you regret your purchase. With that in mind,,,,,, no I dont know of anything that is about to be released,,,,,

I wouldnt wait for WM6.5,,,, wm7.0,,,,, etc since our great friends at xda-developers.com will have the newest OS out to you before it is even officially released on a device you like :D

3_Holes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Your right about that new phone thing, and again that waiting for WM 6.5. Ok i still have a few more questions. Im sorry I no that i am asking a lot but this is all appreciated. What about the messaging? Does it show the whole conversation?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
I don't mind a bit. Ask all you want,,,,,, there is nothing else to do on this forum. The board has been crazy slow for about 6 months now! I use to love to chat on this board a few times a day but then it went dead.

Posts get lost is a sea of chatter at xda and howard,,, pda phone home is boring and I have yet to check out PPCgeeks because I am just to busy with school, work and family. So for now Im here,,,,, once a day,,,,,, a quick check for posts,,,,,, which leaves a little free time because there are no posts!

Yes all of your message shows but you have to set messaging to download all of the message or chose to download all of a message individually.

The only things I dont like about the fuze:

1) GPS is a pain and tricky to jump start although I am having no problem jump starting it now using ATT maps which takes 2 minutes and then I can switch to google maps or live search.

2) The 5way dpad is all for looks and nothing for function.

3) The screen is too small.

4) Its fat.

5) Battery life is 1/3 of what I use to get on my iphone.

Otherwise I have had a dozen other devices and the fuze wins by a sizable majority.

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Your right about that new phone thing, and again that waiting for WM 6.5. Ok i still have a few more questions. Im sorry I no that i am asking a lot but this is all appreciated. What about the messaging? Does it show the whole conversation?

yes you can set mp3 for notifications...
thats gets really annoying for me though lol....
the fuze is a fun customisable device and it has the best of both worlds..touch screen and qwerty keyboard... also it picks up for the lack of the iphone which was noted in the link below
http://forums.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=174175

3_Holes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cool thanks. Let me tell you that i love phones, when i got the tilt it was the biggest thing and now its a piece of crap, well to me, now i dont want to make a big mistake and end up hating the fuze after about 6 months. One of my friends recently got the G1 and i felt stupid with my phone. What is better the G1 or the Fuze? And can you give me a few reasons why you think so.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Ive never read up on the G1. I don't pay much attention to new OS devices. I am heavily dependent on 3rd party apps so until a device catches the attention of 20,000 developers its not a real choice for me.

What I do is buy a used device and when I am done with it I sell it for the same price I paid for it so I never regret a purchase. I just jump to the next thing with no loss.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Isnt the G1 stuck with tmo's slow data in most markets?

...... the best plan may be .....get a fuze at a discount from ATT or get 1 for 350.00 off ebay and keep it for 6 months or so till the next best thing comes out and then sell it for 350.00 on ebay when you are done. There is always a seller selling cheap and there is always a buyer ready to buy high ;-) I buy and sell a "new to me", device on ebay every 6 months and I am happier than a pig in slop :D

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
the g1 is about the same level as the fuze, but the fuze has more functionality due to 3rd party programs, better camera, and it also can be used fully with touch screen with the hardware buttons....
the g1 is also ugly..

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Ahh thats very strategical. Thanks its cool. Is there anything that i should know about that tilt that is very important.

What?

Are you asking if there are any important differences between the tilt and the Fuze?

The differences are that the fuze has a higher resolution screen, its lighter, it has FM radio, flush screen, reads cards up to 32 GB.... its better all the way around. I had the tilt from the UK unbranded and loved it but the Fuze is better.

As far as the G1,,, it is a 3G phone so it is as fast with the network but TMO does not have many 3G towers so you are stuck crawling at 110 kbs in most places which is to slow to stream much of anything.

Insp_Gadget

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
I like HTC's phones and you will certainly be pleased with the Fuze, I'm sure. Me, personally, my next phone will be the Touch Pro 2 (once it's released on Sprint). I'm sure that there will be a version released on AT&T as well. The improvements in the TP2 over the Fuze are sure to please.

But as stated earlier, you can always wait for the next generation of phones, and you'd be waiting and waiting and waiting. I've had my Diamond for less than a year and I love it. But I'm a phone junkie and generally get a new phone every year or so anyway.

3_Holes

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Well there are many reasons why i dont. For example my phone will just start to vibrate and it will never stop. Another is well right now i can't come up with any at the moment yet there are many. But i am going with the fuze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit