New to Windows Mobile, questions and frustrations

ls1norcal

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I used blackberries before this , decided to try something new.

I installed mighty rom 6.5. I have the verizon version.

I cant figure out how to leave apps open in the background. they always end up closing themselves.

It says i only have 100 megs of memory. i cant run opera for more than a couple minutes without getting a memory error. i know the verizon version has less memory but a hundred megs less? is it because of my rom?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am using Jucy 8 it has a few bugs but mostly runs surprisingly smoothly I have 77.75 MB used in Program memory and 88.65MB used in storage after a soft reset and that is with all my PIM and favorite programs installed. Are you sure you don't have something like music or pictures taking up memory? Mighty Mike makes some really good ROM's I would post your question in the thread where you got the ROM he will help you get things settled.

quadjacks#WP

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I used blackberries before this , decided to try something new.

I installed mighty rom 6.5. I have the verizon version.

I cant figure out how to leave apps open in the background. they always end up closing themselves.

It says i only have 100 megs of memory. i cant run opera for more than a couple minutes without getting a memory error. i know the verizon version has less memory but a hundred megs less? is it because of my rom?

IF YOU LOOK HERE you'll find a lot of info in reference to VZW's sucktacular touch pro device and Ram issues. I am running DCD's latest WM6.5 ROM and have great Ram left as his ROM's are barebones. Which means you get to load exactly what you want. Some dont like, barebones ROM's however, US on VZW must do what we must.

I say all that to say, here's my today screen. i get about 65m of ram after reboot. DCD can be found here www.ppcgeeks/DCD
hOPE tHIS hELPS!!!!

Screen02.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes