Okay, HTC, you have next....

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I wrote HTC a letter this morning (okay, I typed them an e-mail I mean) about how their device are great, but how their continued support for various devices is not good at all. Especially with windows phones. I explained the general climate on how users feel towards HTC and let them know that support would go a long way in helping their company get back on top. I don't expect to hear anything back from then, but if I do I'll be sure to report back ASAP with their response.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
All the talk about Nokia OIS is discussing vaporware, guys.

I'd wait before claiming that Nokia will deliver superior picture quality. HTC Titan II DEMOLISHED the Lumia 900 in picture quality despite all the Carl Zeiss hype, and there's no reason to believe it will be any different this time around, especially given all the whoppers that Nokia marketing has been caught telling.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
All the talk about Nokia OIS is discussing vaporware, guys.

I'd wait before claiming that Nokia will deliver superior picture quality. HTC Titan II DEMOLISHED the Lumia 900 in picture quality despite all the Carl Zeiss hype, and there's no reason to believe it will be any different this time around, especially given all the whoppers that Nokia marketing has been caught telling.

The preliminary third-party reviews (The Verge and Brighthand spring to mind) suggest that the 920's camera is NOTHING like the 900's.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Both of those reviews also note that they themselves weren't allowed to actually independently review the camera themselves without a rep setting up a preapproved test (mostly in response to the fabricated video fiasco).

I remember the promise of an earth-shattering camera on the Lumia 900 as well, and Nokia hasn't delivered. We'll see this time, but I reserve the right to be skeptical given prior huge promises followed up by poor product. Even after three camera software updates, the Lumia 900 "Carl Zeiss" still takes worse pictures than the 5 MP shooter on my Radar.

HTC is no slouch in camera technology, nor in durability. They'll be bringing their A-game.

As for durability, I'd put my Radar up against ANY Lumia series phone in a durability test, and I'd expect it would be in decent shape long after a 710 had been broken into tiny plastic pieces! High quality aluminum alloy and Gorilla Glass beats cheap plastic and nonreinforced glass any day of the week.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to a cell phone repair place and ask them about HTC quality.

I was told that HTC and Motorola both used crappy parts for their ports, resulting in quite a few broken ports.

That's why HTC tech support will tell you that using your phone while it's plugged in is considered customer abuse, and will void your warranty.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to a cell phone repair place and ask them about HTC quality.

To be fair, if I asked them about Nokia quality, they'd probably reply "I haven't seen one of those in years."

I was told that HTC and Motorola both used crappy parts for their ports, resulting in quite a few broken ports.

Ports are a trouble spot for Lumia 900s as well. One of the symptoms my Lumia 900 started having towards the end of its three-month life was a 30-second delay before the charging "ting-da-ding" kicked in. I understand that Lumia 900 devices all vary this way... some start charging immediately, others take a few seconds, some take a long time.

My Radar has a steel-ringed charging port, and an aluminum case (not 710's cheap plastic). The Titan II is in an aluminum case (not 900s thick, heavy plastic). HTC WinPhones are anvil tough, and I expect HTC will be delivering similar quality in its WP8 phones as well.

Will everyone choose HTC? Unlikely. But I have rescued several users about to bail on WP by helping them back to the AT&T and T-Mobile stores to trade their balky Nokias for higher-quality HTC WP7 devices over the past 12 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes