HTC 8X battery life

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I just read the BGR review of the 8X and they said they got a full day out of it easily every time they charged it. My 8X has been holding up well, but I haven't had it long enough to make a solid determination. I charged it twice the first day with it. Now it seems to be lasting me a full day no sweat.

meanwhile my Intuition has to have screen brightness at 0, background data GPS data all the way off just to make it to bed time. Regret this phone so much.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'm too stupid. I've read it 4 times and still doesn't make sense

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
"Intuition" is the name of an LG Android phone. I don't blame you for not understanding, it's a pretty ridiculous name for a phone.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha whoops. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm still nervous about wp8. Hope I like the 8x

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm right there with ya, man. My first response to his post was, huh. Then I finally caught the capital "I" in Intuition and realized he meant his Android phone not his gut feeling. Hah!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You, see... go to the website CHIP Online - Deutschlands Webseite Nr. 1 fr Computer, Handy und Home Entertainment
They measured the 8X with 7 hours on 3G. The iPhone5 managed 6 hours on LTE.
I know the Germans... and Chip.de has been using standardized tests for years. The Germans are simply very systematic.
I would trust a test from Chip.de more than any "Apple influenced one" because Chip.de always uses exactly the same test procedure.

TheLeopard

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 8X battery life - Solved

I received my 8X last Wednesday (6 days ago) and experienced horrible battery life. I'd previously owned the iPhone 4. After trying everything possible to extend the battery life, I finally swapped it out at Verizon for a new one. It was equally horrible. I bought "Battery Level for Windows Phone 8" so I could watch and record my exact battery history. I was losing 8-10 % an hour with little to no activity and all unnecessary services turned off.

I work 12 and 13 hour shifts, so a phone that dies before the end of my workday is completely useless. But talking with others and reading this and other forums convinced me it's an anomaly either tied to a defect in hardware or firmware as most are not experiencing these issues. I assumed that both of my previous phones were from the same group of "short battery life phones" and went back to Verizon to swap it out for a third phone, and presto! - I now have long battery life! Until the exact cause and effect is clearly fixed, I encourage others to do the same. Today, my phone's been on with little use for six hours and is at 80% power.

lupusanimus

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
That chart can't be right... I use my iPhone 4 all day and my battery is at 10% by the end of the day if I don't charge it, my cousin has an iPhone 5 and it dies in two hours of using it... no way was that chart correct, and on LTE his battery is worse. Also my friend has a 4S and it loses battery a lot faster than my 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar