So when exactly do you guys think the flagship will come??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that if anyone shows a glimmer of interest in WP comparison with iPhone in that periodsales reps drones will just say "come back next month when the new iPhone is in stock". Customers will return with the mindset to have an iPhone, drone gets his commission, WP does not even get picked up fir a demo.
being able to hold and use them side by side is where the sales may come.
Even if the flagship Windows Phone is released at the same time or after the new iPhone, customers can't compare side-by-side if the Windows Phone is in the back of the store. The iPhone always gets premium placement at the front of the store where the customers see it as soon as they walk into the store.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe they will release one before Apple and do major marketing for it. Plus, there will be something for the tech sites to compare with Apple's new phone.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It has to be before iPhone. Especially for a flagship. If they release after Apple they are dead. We've waited too long for an upgrade. I'm switching to an S6 for the interim. I will see next year how Windows 10 with its miraculous universal apps is doing. Maybe a 1040 will lure me back sooner though?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it would need to come before Apple, but I think an August or September release is optimistic, based on the W10 previews. They have so much to do.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Is Apple even releasing a new phone this fall? They just released two phones. What are they going to reinvent this time? The SD card? :grin:

So MS probably won't announce anything major at Build except for maybe more budget phones or a 740/740 XL series. Then when desktop PC Windows 10 is released sometime in the summer, that's when they need to announce the flagship(s)! Even if Windows 10 mobile version is coming later in the fall.

In the meantime I'll just sit here and wait for my Denim update! :angry:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I seem to think that MS had already confirmed that the phone OS would come after the PC one. They certainly have stated that any flagship will follow later.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I seem to think that MS had already confirmed that the phone OS would come after the PC one. They certainly have stated that any flagship will follow later.

Microsoft has historically released new Windows versions in October. Will it be different with Windows 10?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Even if the flagship Windows Phone is released at the same time or after the new iPhone, customers can't compare side-by-side if the Windows Phone is in the back of the store. The iPhone always gets premium placement at the front of the store where the customers see it as soon as they walk into the store.
But guys this is MICROSOFT NOW NOT NOKIA if Microsoft really wants and cares about having their flagship in the front on display at the ATT store, then they'll make it happen..This is no longer Nokia Lumia... Microsoft has power and by power I mean money... which in a lot of ways is power...lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
But guys this is MICROSOFT NOW NOT NOKIA if Microsoft really wants and cares about having their flagship in the front on display at the ATT store, then they'll make it happen..This is no longer Nokia Lumia... Microsoft has power and by power I mean money... which in a lot of ways is power...lol
Realistically, only Apple has that kind of power over carriers.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The thing is, there's more markets than just the US. And whatever MS does/doesn't arrange with for example, ATT, I'd hope there's a number of Americans who buy handsets without visiting glitzy stores. There certainly is elsewhere.
Quite how MS sways overseas and non-contract customers is something they seem to struggle with. One day they may crack it. But not anytime soon, especially without something "wow" to wave from the top of a flagship mast. Heck, they don't even a have a flagship to fix a mast onto.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

All that "power" hasn't stopped Verizon and att removing their apps from the S6. Microsoft has no influence whatsoever over US carriers.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Since we are looking at any time from August to December, I'm wondering if they will try to one-up apple and release just before, or just after Apple comes out with whatever is next for them... Doesn't apples new phone generally come out around the end of October?

New iPhones are usually released before the end of September. At least, that's how it's been the last four years.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft doesn't have any more power over carriers than Nokia did, and I'm not sure why you think so. Microsoft has poured billions of dollars into Windows Phone and what do they have to show for it? Minuscule market share. Apple is the only OEM that can make carriers bend over and accept whatever terms they put forth. Why? Because they have a proven track record of success.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, as long as it is right, I can wait until then. I gad assumed August/September for the PC launch. Then September/October/November for phones. I do almost wish they would wait fir the 820 Snapdragon to be ready. But I think that the delay would lose a vast amount of consumers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2