Which carriers will stock the 950/950XL?

Matt-WP

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Why is it that we can't get any information about which carriers are getting the 950/950xl devices?

Verizon won't say anything. AT&T won't say anything. T-Mobile or Sprint won't say anything.

How the hell does Microsoft think they are going to sell any more phones if they aren't letting people know where to get these supposed new flagships. I've contacted my Verizon rep and my AT&T Rep and they have no idea. They've never even heard of these phones. They both have said that were unaware of new phones or Windows 10 Mobile. My Verizon rep thought that they were done with Windows Phones for good after the 735.

AT&T already dropped all devices except the real crappy 635, and the moderately respectable 640xl. Verizon sells only the 735 (begrudgingly). The other U.S. carriers aren't even relevant in comparison to AT&T and Verizon. I bet they know even less about the new devices.

So right now, all we know is that Microsoft is releasing 2 phones, but we don't know if we can even buy them. We don't know if when, since release dates are so far removed from the actual able to purchase dates.

Get your shiz together Microsoft. It's this close to release and there is no guarantee anyone can even get these.

Unless somebody has more information from a source better than my own business reps that I've known for years... I'm guessing Verizon will say no to carrying them, and AT&T will flub it like they always do.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not too worked up over this. These phones haven't even been announced yet. Sure, we know through leaks that they're coming, but as of now they are still technically just rumors. I doubt AT&T was telling customers it was the exclusive iPhone carrier before the iPhone was officially announced.

Relax.

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Wait a couple weeks until they are officially announced?

Maybe MSFT took a page from Apple and they will be sold at MSFT stores and online unlocked, so that could be why carriers haven't heard of it.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I would rather have an unlocked phone directly from MS. No more waiting for Verizon's approval to release updates.
This is what I'm hoping for as well. While I determined that the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition wasn't for me (way too big), I loved the fact that I could just pop my Verizon SIM card into it and it activated immediately. I also liked knowing that Motorola would be the only entity determining when I'd see updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon