MicroSD card support for the 950/950XL?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
32GB onboard is not enough! I was somewhat sold till I saw the leaked slides today with NO mention of microSD card support! Please tell me this is not true? Up to now we all thought it had support!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
32GB onboard is not enough! I was somewhat sold till I saw the leaked slides today with NO mention of microSD card support! Please tell me this is not true? Up to now we all thought it had support!

Both have micro SD card support for up to 2 TB cards.

End of story.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
2TB is huuuge for a phone!!!
It is about 40 hours of 4k video recording!
About 100.000 songs (320kbps) which you can listen for 6+ months nonstop, without having to hear a song twice!

And all this, in a package smaller than a nail..
Some times we've got to sit back, relax, and feel grateful for the supercomputers we have in our pockets..
:p

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What?? Only 2 Terabytes? What am I suppose to do with 2 terabytes? That's nothing. On my Iphone, I have a 9 terabyte sim in one slot and a 6 terabyte in the other. This is outrageous! For Microsoft to wait until a month before the phone is launched to give us a meager 2 terabytes and we suppose to be happy? Unacceptable!!
I'm going to go boot up my Lumia 900 and Snapchat my friends because they will not believe any of this!

/snark

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
What?? Only 2 Terabytes? What am I suppose to do with 2 terabytes? That's nothing. On my Iphone, I have a 9 terabyte sim in one slot and a 6 terabyte in the other. This is outrageous! For Microsoft to wait until a month before the phone is launched to give us a meager 2 terabytes and we suppose to be happy? Unacceptable!!
I'm going to go boot up my Lumia 900 and Snapchat my friends because they will not believe any of this!

/snark
We're talking about micro-sd cards not sims.

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
About 100.000 songs (320kbps) which you can listen for 6+ months nonstop, without having to hear a song twice!

Some times we've got to sit back, relax, and feel grateful for the supercomputers we have in our pockets..

Any idea how much one of these might cost?

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Sandisk (or any other company in this industry) should really hire you as their head of marketing. Lol

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
It appears by searching that they aren't available but the device is able to utilize a 2TB card when they become available LOL!

The LG G3 says the same thing.

Hardware-wise this 950 is a boss. Think I want one.....

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
No really, what is the max micro sd card size that phones support these days? Hard to find that info, used to be writen everywhere a few years ago...

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
2TB is the maximum amount of microSDXC storage and up to 300MB/s speeds under UHS-II U3 format.

Sorry guys I got worried when watching those leaked slide shows the other day with no mention of microSD card storage support for 950/950 XL was listed but only for Lumia 850 had microSD card storage support from those slides.

This is the microSDXC card I'm getting for my 950 XL ordering October 15 hopefully I get in time.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tml/BI/20079/KBID/13844/SID/UUwpUvbUpU3239124

I did some research it seems to be a good one! ....any alternatives'?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Both have micro SD card support for up to 2 TB cards.

End of story.

Thanks for putting me in my place! My fath is in your hands for my new Lumia 950 XL with a kick *** microSDXC card! Sorry I had a bit of a meltdown.

This 128GB microSDXC card should be fantastic with my new 950 XL (32GB+128GB=160GB) 160GB of storage makes this phone more future proof for me!

http://www.lexar.com/products/professional-microsd-1000x?category=5778

I coming from a Samsung ATIV S (16GB+32GB=48) with 48GB full always running out of room, now you see my plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes