09-16-2016 12:04 AM
41 12
tools
    08-25-2016 12:54 PM
    They do like that word 'Disruptive'. Watch out Surface Phone and HP, WhartonBrooks are going to steal your thunder!

Be interesting to see what they bring to the table for sure :)
    xandros9 and Player Piano like this.
    08-26-2016 01:02 PM
    They do like that word 'Disruptive'. Watch out Surface Phone and HP, WhartonBrooks are going to steal your thunder!

Be interesting to see what they bring to the table for sure :)
    Has anyone ever heard of this company before? It doesn't look one of the recognisable brands
    08-26-2016 01:26 PM
    https://soundcloud.com/whartonbrooks

Thanks to BonezUK for the link
    08-26-2016 02:11 PM
    https://soundcloud.com/whartonbrooks

Thanks to BonezUK for the link
    That's it??
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-26-2016 03:15 PM
    That's it??
    Hey man, I'm doing what I can. I don't have an in with the company or anything.
    xandros9 and libra89 like this.
    08-26-2016 03:24 PM
    Hey man, I'm doing what I can. I don't have an in with the company or anything.
    From the Winbeta article it comes across as a company that was just setup. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence lol

Another Windows 10 Mobile phone in the works, this time from WhartonBrooks
    08-26-2016 03:38 PM
    Sounds like the Album from Electric Light Orchestra.

Some may wonder if "It's Over" for Windows Mobile Phones while the more optimistic may say do you "Believe Me Now" when OEMs release new phones. The "Big Wheels" of Microsoft are churning but sometimes we feel like we're left "Standin' in the Rain" and everything's about to "Turn to Stone". Perhaps at some point in the future everyone will finally be singing "Mr Blue Sky"
    08-26-2016 04:13 PM

Some may wonder if "It's Over" for Windows Mobile Phones while the more optimistic may say do you "Believe Me Now" when OEMs release new phones. The "Big Wheels" of Microsoft are churning but sometimes we feel like we're left "Standin' in the Rain" and everything's about to "Turn to Stone". Perhaps at some point in the future everyone will finally be singing "Mr Blue Sky"
    won-internet.jpg

Loves me some ELO, especially this one that you mentioned:

Put that in a phone and it's all groovy.
    08-26-2016 04:20 PM
    From the Winbeta article it comes across as a company that was just setup. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence lol

Another Windows 10 Mobile phone in the works, this time from WhartonBrooks
    I hope it's not another Kickstarter like that one from Nuans that failed miserably.
    08-26-2016 05:46 PM

It also sounds like the name of a prog band or a law firm (or possibly both). ๐Ÿ˜›

Guytronic, xandros9 and 920Walker like this.
    08-26-2016 06:39 PM
    No signs of a crowdfunding effort.

If you listen to the SoundCloud podcast they put up it seems they have investors already and at least one device in the pipeline with preorders starting this fall.
    Laura Knotek, xandros9 and Jcmg62 like this.
    08-26-2016 06:44 PM
    No signs of a crowdfunding effort.

If you listen to the SoundCloud podcast they put up it seems they have investors already and at least one device in the pipeline with preorders starting this fall.
    That sounds much better! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    08-26-2016 06:44 PM
    I've torn the www apart...I just can't find any information on this company. The level of secrecy...and even the company name is weirdly intriguing. Wharton brooks sounds more like an accounting firm. I wonder what the world would look like if we had Gates & Co or Jobs Wozniak
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:22 AM
    WhartonBrooks sounds like a place that sells high end apparel and jewelry.
    RumoredNow and Jcmg62 like this.
    09-03-2016 12:17 PM
    09-03-2016 12:29 PM
    Windows Phone shifts market from consumers to the great outdoors!
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    09-03-2016 12:38 PM
    It sounds almost like a variant of Brookstone, you know the store that you like to look around at all the interesting gadgets only to realize you really have no use for them.
    09-03-2016 11:32 PM
    I've torn the www apart...I just can't find any information on this company. The level of secrecy...and even the company name is weirdly intriguing. Wharton brooks sounds more like an accounting firm. I wonder what the world would look like if we had Gates & Co or Jobs Wozniak
    To me it sounds like a bok publishing house
    09-04-2016 02:39 AM
    I have never heard of this company before the phone tease. But being in Connecticut, myself, it made me proud. As someone who sees the potential of Windows Mobile, I'm really excited to see a local company pursue Windows phones. Although, I will say, I am absolutely skeptical, as everyone should be. But it feels like they understand that and are expecting it.

Not an easy undertaking, but gosh I can't help but be excited. It's also the kind of industry and field I was always looking to work in. I currently work in sales/mobile and it would be awesome to see a company like this grow and to be a part of something that will hopefully change the game one day.
    09-05-2016 09:56 PM
    Looks like I was right to be skeptical:

Hyped "ground breaking" WhartonBrooks Windows Phone really just the Coship Moly X1 and Coship Moly PCPhone - MSPoweruser

Sure it's always good to have another Windows Mobile Phone on the market, but it's just a tad over hyped don't yah think?
    09-09-2016 09:25 PM
    I strongly suspected this will be a Cerulean badged Coship early on. I didn't say anything as it isn't my news to break and there was always the chance that people will want to spin it as a negative.

However, I'm not ruling out a Firmware touch just yet. Listen to podcast #2 on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/whartonbrooks...-is-the-wizard

I'm not sure what's to be skeptical about. It's still a US company taking an interest in the platform. I feel they will be more active than BLU ever was and hopefully they can start steering the design for future orders. Look, they have to get their foot in the door somehow. White label allows them to do so while they gather capital and experience.

I'm still for it and plan to follow this along. Rome was not built in a day. What other American company is going to offer a W10M handset this year?

I knew all along BLU wasn't building their own phones in Miami and it never stopped me from purchasing their product, twice.
    09-09-2016 11:17 PM
    Also, having sampled the Coship Moly W5, I can say they have a solid design and build. My W5 feels more sturdy than any phone I have handled in recent memory.

Check my review: http://forums.windowscentral.com/cos...p-moly-w5.html
    09-09-2016 11:28 PM
    I strongly suspected this will be a Cerulean badged Coship early on. I didn't say anything as it isn't my news to break and there was always the chance that people will want to spin it as a negative.

However, I'm not ruling out a Firmware touch just yet. Listen to podcast #2 on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/whartonbrooks...-is-the-wizard

I'm not sure what's to be skeptical about. It's still a US company taking an interest in the platform. I feel they will be more active than BLU ever was and hopefully they can start steering the design for future orders. Look, they have to get their foot in the door somehow. White label allows them to do so while they gather capital and experience.

I'm still for it and plan to follow this along. Rome was not built in a day. What other American company is going to offer a W10M handset this year?

I knew all along BLU wasn't building their own phones in Miami and it never stopped me from purchasing their product, twice.
    Skeptical as in them saying it is ground breaking and disruptive. I'm sure it's a great phone but why the over the top hype? It just sets peoples expectations unrealistically high. I do agree though that having more companies that come on board can only be a good thing for the platform.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-10-2016 01:09 AM
    I'm sure it's a great phone but why the over the top hype?
    Maybe they have used a lot of hyperbole... Look at Apple and Samsung. They do the same and people eat it up.

Many loyalists complain about the lack of effective advertising for the platform. IMHO, they didn't go so far as the "Courage" Apple displayed in removing the 3.5mm headphone jack.
    09-10-2016 03:09 PM
41 12