Not able to download new languages (Speech) after update to 8.1 DP

aemond

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Follow up to my previous comment: the Voice Search seems to have a problem now, at least in the French language. When I say something like "Open YouTube" or "Open Metrotube" or "Open Bing News"... It only opens the "Nearby" integrated app. That's really strange because this feature worked perfectly for me since the first version of WP 7, years ago. And even more strange: the transcript of what I said is good, it just opens this ****in' Nearby app each time :)

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Follow up to my previous comment: the Voice Search seems to have a problem now, at least in the French language. When I say something like "Open YouTube" or "Open Metrotube" or "Open Bing News"... It only opens the "Nearby" integrated app. That's really strange because this feature worked perfectly for me since the first version of WP 7, years ago. And even more strange: the transcript of what I said is good, it just opens this ****in' Nearby app each time :)

Doesn't seem related to the original post. You would get better response starting a nee thread for this.

Arpit Chawla

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Guys,I have the same problem...so I just wanted to know when u say reset the phone.u mean hard reset or soft reset?

2. I bought my phone only today so it might have come with wp 8.1 update 1.How do i know that isn't the case and if that is the case,then what do I do?Coz resetting it wouldn't help,right?

AndrzejBania

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
It would be funny if Microsoft used the same approach to Windows Phone problems as it used to with its regular software... who knows... people might vote with their feet/wallets and, by 2017, you'd be looking for these products in museums...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes