The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-15-2013 05:00 PM
218 12345 ...
tools
    I've made more and am happy to share but I don't want to completely take over the thread so that's enough for now. I apologize if my repeated posts annoy anyone.

Alkaline Trio - Calling All Skeletons
    Murs - Untitled (Queen's Fat Bottom Girls / Bicycle Race)
    Metallica - The Unforgiven III
    Metallica - The Unforgiven III (Alt)
    Trampled By Turtles - Wait So Long
    botex2 and engingirgin like this.
    10-05-2011 04:32 PM
    Hi guys, first post here too.

The Game Of Thrones theme was in my mind these days so it seemed appropriate for a ringtone.
    Hope you like them and thanks to all who contributed (especially for the heavy metal ringtones and the loonytoones theme).
    10-05-2011 05:28 PM
    Amarillo By Morning - George Strait
    Modern Man - Arcade Fire
    10-05-2011 05:32 PM
    A BIG thanks to everyone for sharing!!!
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-05-2011 05:54 PM
    Skrillex - Do Da Oliphant
    Benny Benassi - House Music
    Skrillex -Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) 2 parts.
    Mateosmith, botex2 and engingirgin like this.
    10-05-2011 06:32 PM
    *I just realized that I don't think I changed to genre to Ringtone on these so you may need to do that once you have them in Zune*

Here are the first 5 that I've made.

Asylum - Disturbed (the intro)
    Fly, Dragon, Fly - Divinity II soundtrack
    Going Out in Style - Dropkick Murphys (WARNING: says the word s*** twice)
    Major Tom - Shiny Toy Guns
    Plane to Spain - Basshunter (technoized version of the Tetris theme)
    Last edited by gearhead05; 10-05-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: note about files
    inextremis13 and engingirgin like this.
    10-05-2011 07:00 PM
    I've tried making my own and downloaded some of these (IT Crowd rocks!), but the ringtones only show up in the Ringtones genre of music in Zune (Phone and Win 7 app). Nothing shows up in ringtones+sounds. What am I doing wrong? I have a Focus and updated to Mango on the first night it was available. Please help!
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-05-2011 07:04 PM
    I've tried making my own and downloaded some of these (IT Crowd rocks!), but the ringtones only show up in the Ringtones genre of music in Zune (Phone and Win 7 app). Nothing shows up in ringtones+sounds. What am I doing wrong? I have a Focus and updated to Mango on the first night it was available. Please help!
    The genre is actually ringtone, not ringtones. I bet that's what's wrong.
    Hangman669 and engingirgin like this.
    10-05-2011 07:08 PM
    make sure its Ringtone not Ringtones and check for filesize it shouldnt be more than 1mb.
    Hangman669 and engingirgin like this.
    10-05-2011 07:11 PM
    the Rock's entrance theme.
    10-05-2011 07:40 PM
    Thanks you guys!!
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-05-2011 08:16 PM
    I know I am in the vast minority around here, but I can't stand using obnoxious music clips or lame midi sounds for my ring tone. I just want an old school mechanical beep or chime like you used to get preloaded on your old flip phones. Has anyone come across any apps or websites that have a collection like that? Thanks.

Here's what I wound up using:
    Last edited by Mike Dupp; 10-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    10-05-2011 08:38 PM
    Here's my current ringtone.

It's the drum beat from "Velcro Fly" by ZZ-Top.... AKA the god-drums of Lud in the Dark Tower series.
    10-05-2011 08:46 PM
    thank you guys for putting these up.
    yes thank you guys. To save it to my ringtones I need to have my phone hooked up to Zune, CPU, correct? I need to start playing. Haven't had time. Would love to get TOOL. Perhaps some sublime, queens of the stone age if anyone is taking requests before I try it out. I may try to do some south park, American dad, or Hubert from family guy just for fun.
    Last edited by MastrMeatWad; 10-05-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-05-2011 09:30 PM
    I just updated to Mango today and I'm absolutely thrilled with all the features. Here are a few of my first ringtones....enjoy!

Party Stronger - Anamanaguchi (for some 8-bit fun!)
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    FUSE - Hudson Mohawke (heard on Dirt 3)
    Magneto - Henry Jackman (X-Men: First Class)
    10-05-2011 10:08 PM
    Hello, here's the ringtone I use for years now.

It's the guitar solo from Slash.
    10-06-2011 04:13 AM
    make sure its Ringtone not Ringtones and check for filesize it shouldnt be more than 1mb.
    Thanks! I was doing "Ringtones" like you said :D
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 06:03 AM
    Hi everyone...

Posto 5 delle mie suonerie create per voi! :)

Checco Zalone - W le tette grosse
    Diana Ross - The Boss
    Pitbull - Juice Box
    Samim - Heater
    Ska-P - A La Mierda
    botex2, engingirgin and ipso like this.
    10-06-2011 06:31 AM
    Nice collection there guys, I'll have to have a go weekend. Shame you can only have 20 at a time though
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 09:49 AM
    Shame you can only have 20 at a time though
    Who said you can only have 20 at a time? I've currently got 34 different custom ringtones loaded up on my phone. They all show up and work just fine.
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 10:20 AM
    I know I am in the vast minority around here, but I can't stand using obnoxious music clips or lame midi sounds for my ring tone. I just want an old school mechanical beep or chime like you used to get preloaded on your old flip phones. Has anyone come across any apps or websites that have a collection like that? Thanks.

Here's what I wound up using:
    Try this site. You'll have to hunt around, but you should be able to find something.

Freesound.org - sound search
    Mike Dupp and engingirgin like this.
    10-06-2011 10:25 AM
    Here are a few of mine:

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    DJ Riko - Blinded by the Technologic (Mashup of Daft Punk & Manfred Mann)
    Kraftwerk - The Robots
    Metric - Hand$hake$
    Richard Cheese - Imperial Lounge Theme

I use that last one for my wife's ringtone... ;-)

Enjoy!
    zeroscum, engingirgin and ipso like this.
    10-06-2011 11:58 AM
    I'm having a really hard time with getting my ringtones to show up on my phone. No errors, all the critera is met, under 1MB, less than 30 seconds, genre is ringtone and I've tried both WMA and MP3 formats... I have one that I got to show up (no idea why) and the rest just don't show... suggestions?
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 12:03 PM
    I'm having a really hard time with getting my ringtones to show up on my phone. No errors, all the critera is met, under 1MB, less than 30 seconds, genre is ringtone and I've tried both WMA and MP3 formats... I have one that I got to show up (no idea why) and the rest just don't show... suggestions?
    Do you have the Zune software set to automatically retrieve album art and metadata? The first ringtone I tried to send to my phone had the genre changed from ringtone to alternative and didn't work. I tried after turning off the Zune setting and it worked.
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 01:20 PM
    I just created 3 chiptune ringtones and thought I'd share them. You can get them over here:

http://www.rebuh.eu/stuff/chiptune_wp_ringtones.zip

They are taken from this asesome album, which is also worth a download btw. Download this free music album: Digital Memories - Jamendo

cheers, R.
    engingirgin likes this.
    10-06-2011 01:25 PM
218 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD