Windows 10 tech preview for phones

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have tech preview installed but on my extras +info section says that I have Lumia Cyan and not Denim (which i had before the update) why is this?

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
It's normal, it happen to me too when I install W10.
Lumia Cyan is OS+Firmware update,
but Lumia Denim is:
a. OS+Firmware for new flagships phone (930, 830 & 1520)
b. Only OS update for other phone
So if Extras+Info detect it has Windows 8.1 Update without PFD or Insider enabled it show Lumia Denim, but if it enabled it show Lumia Cyan. Even in my phone (620 with WP8.1.1) I can easily switch the name of Lumia Denim or Lumia Cyan by simply enabled or disabled the Preview for Developer app.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I cant take screenshots. The home screen is really nice. I'm liking windows phone 10 so far, buggy as hell but I totally expected that.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I cant take screenshots. The home screen is really nice. I'm liking windows phone 10 so far, buggy as hell but I totally expected that.
Volume up + power button is to take screenshots, even though it'll say couldn't take screenshot check your photos.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Vol Up + Power says hasn't worked, but if you check Camera Roll you may find the screenshot in there.
Like I say, not a good key combination to get in the habit of using if you also own/use Surfaces.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Vol Up + Power says hasn't worked, but if you check Camera Roll you may find the screenshot in there.
Like I say, not a good key combination to get in the habit of using if you also own/use Surfaces.

Yes that's what I've been using since i got Lumia cyan as before that I had to press and hold the home button, so I am used to the Vol up+Power combo. I think that they should revert back to holding the home button much handier.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I never knew it used to be a long-press Home button. Ta.
But then again, I very rarely take screen shots. Maybe once every couple of years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2