Maps app in Redstone.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello. Anyone know why Microsoft dropped every good thing from threshold maps app and made super ugly and unattractive maps app in Redstone? I just don't understand, why when they make something that can compete with, for example, google maps, they just drop it and replace it with half-@ss-backed vomit with UI details from wp8.1 and plain nothing. If in threshold builds I could show maps app to my Android-using friends with a smile, then now, in redstone builds, even I open maps with a 'bad taste in mouth', I'm afraid of shoving this disaster to someone.
Tranit info is removed from maps, current speed is not shown when in navigation mode, landscape mode is not useable, because map is only in 1/4 of screen, other 3/4 are used by the worst UI decisions ever - with plain boxes of colour and some white symbols. In old w10 maps, for every info there were their own backgrounds, colours, symbols. Now some info is white on, for example, blue background and other info are just not beign shown. It's hard to understand to what is shown. I'm so mad. They can't even fix sluggish-10fps like experience when zooming, scrolling, doing everything for about a year, but they are NR. 1 for breaking up good things. I'm tired of justifying Microsoft. Just no.

Posted via Windows Central app for SEGA Mega Drive using SEGA Channel.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Anyone know why Microsoft dropped every good thing from threshold maps app and made super ugly and unattractive maps app in Redstone? I just don't understand, why when they make something that can compete with, for example, google maps, they just drop it and replace it with half-@ss-backed vomit with UI details from wp8.1 and plain nothing. If in threshold builds I could show maps app to my Android-using friends with a smile, then now, in redstone builds, even I open maps with a 'bad taste in mouth', I'm afraid of shoving this disaster to someone.
Tranit info is removed from maps, current speed is not shown when in navigation mode, landscape mode is not useable, because map is only in 1/4 of screen, other 3/4 are used by the worst UI decisions ever - with plain boxes of colour and some white symbols. In old w10 maps, for every info there were their own backgrounds, colours, symbols. Now some info is white on, for example, blue background and other info are just not beign shown. It's hard to understand to what is shown. I'm so mad. They can't even fix sluggish-10fps like experience when zooming, scrolling, doing everything for about a year, but they are NR. 1 for breaking up good things. I'm tired of justifying Microsoft. Just no.

Posted via Windows Central app for SEGA Mega Drive using SEGA Channel.

you can always go back to threshold builds if the maps app gives you too many issues in the redstone builds. Or you can submit feedback and hope for the next map update to solve them

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't show the current speed unless you put your phone horizontally

This may only happen on some devices too, they just need to add the speed display back to the Visual State used on vertical phones - I've fed this back and hope they return this.

Otherwise I really like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786