"Check for updates" in Windows Store Yields No Updated Apps

victor_solis

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
OS build 10.0.15014.1000
Lumia 950 on AT&T

When I tap the "Check for updates" button, no updates are presented to me. If I navigate to an app that has a update, then the update gets installed. This happens whether I'm on WiFi or not. Rebooting the phone doesn't fix this.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
OS build 10.0.15014.1000
Lumia 950 on AT&T

When I tap the "Check for updates" button, no updates are presented to me. If I navigate to an app that has a update, then the update gets installed. This happens whether I'm on WiFi or not. Rebooting the phone doesn't fix this.

Has anyone seen something like this?
The Windows Store app had an update today did you get it?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

moritxm

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
alan, i upgraded to 11701.1000.122.0, but it didn't work.

I have the exact same issue for some time now. Several updates of the store, even several Windows builds, and still not solved. Unfortunately store app cannot be reset in the list of apps. Did anyone find a solution?

DennisAm

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Having the same problem for weeks now. My store is also at 11701.1001.87.0 and today updated to build 15063.251, still having the same problem. It would be great if someone could get his hands on the .appx package for a newer Store version, since I think we are using an outdated Store app (my Windows 10 PC has a newer version). Otherwise our only resort would be to do a full factory reset I'm afraid.

DennisAm

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Only just saw your reply, sorry. Just did a factory reset and the Store updated itself to 11701.1001.99.0. I saw that there also is a "Store Purchase" app (same icon as the Store app) which updated itself as well. Might be that the Store Purchasing app was causing this problem.

Of course, after restoring my backup, the Store started downloading the latest versions of all apps on my phone, so checking for updates doesn't make sense for now. I'll keep an eye on whether automatic updates will work from now on and will keep you posted. :)

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this issue as well. I thought it was the fact I was using a 930 that was unsupported. But now I have a 950 and soon as I updated to to RS2, the store stopped updating automatically.

OS - 10.0.15063.251
Store -11703.1001.30.0

This is the production version, so I'm a bit confused as to why there isn't more users complaining of this. Perhaps they haven't noticed yet...

A coupled of things that I'm trying to checkout, is that after the OS update, device encryption got turned on. Also, I have a work and school account added to the store. Could this be an Mobile Device Management issue?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to a B2X support person today and they have confirmed it's a known bug in the creators update and that Microsoft are working on a fix.

Just wish they would say so in the feedback hub. At least I wouldn't have wasted my time with the WDRT.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to let everyone know I've just managed to fix this. It's to do with the phones telemetry data being corrupted. The only way to fix it is to come off the insider program and reset your phone to clear the data.

Being on the insider program means you can't clear this data manually, as the setting is removed. You can clear this data if you are not on an insider build by going into 'Storage' and 'Temporary Files'.

I've left the program and changed my feedback setting to 'Basic' and now it's working again.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
And it's stopped working again....

Gaahhhh!!!!

Do you think this could be caused by a single app? As it seems to stop working as soon as I download my daily apps. This an app list of someone else's phone who is having this issue to compare.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
If anyone else comes across this issue, uninstall the Office 365 Admin app. It causes the store auto update to break in RS2 and beyond...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon