11-13-2015 01:44 AM
81 1234
tools
    Let's be honest. Win10 for phones will have absolutely the same UI like wp8 and Microsoft won' t change a thing. iOS7 big change, Android Lollipop - big change. Microsofts Windows Phone - absolutely the same since wp7 (except the blank space on the start screen with the arrow) for 5 years..
    Have you use/see Windows Mobile before? no? that's fine, because once you see it you will know why.
    iO**** are just big change after WE HAVE CHANGE, Android too. They copied Windows Phone's UI, why change when people steal your idea? this will let them steal your idea again and again. Unless Windows Phone is very popular, and changing UI is the time. When other phone OS copy again, everyone will notice it
    12-12-2014 05:27 AM
    I for one dont think that Ios or Android made such big changes.
    Yea it looks differend but basicly its stil the same ( Ios in particular ).

More animations???? hm wow.....
    for what reason, it only uses more resources and perhapes lagg.
    Actioncenter and the toggle doesnt mean much...?
    it means that MS is listening to its users, when was the last time Google or Apple did that?
    You just showed some pics of Droid and IOS but only just one of Windows Mobile?
    Hm, I believe we had a bunch more before it becames Windows Phone.

Windows PocketPC 2000
    Windows Mobile 2002 (PocketPC / Smartphone Edition)
    Windows Mobile 2003 SE (Smartphone Edition)
    Windows Mobile 2003 (PocketPC)
    Windows Mobile 5 (PocketPC / Smartphone Edition)
    Windows Mobile 6 (Classic, Professional / Standard Edition)
    Windows Mobile 6.1 (Smartphone Edition)
    Windows Mobile 6.5 (Standard / Professional)

I am getting the funny feeling you just want to make it more look Android.
    Well per happes you are right,
    just buy a Droid with the same specs as the lowest low budget Windowsphone and with the same budget.
    Then we talk again about why MS build WP as it is.
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-12-2014 06:12 AM
    So...

You think all Windows Phone apps are ugly.

You really want Google services, which is fine.

You think Windows Phone is boring, and you have no faith that Microsoft will ever shake it up.

I'm going to ask you the question I ask in all of your threads that you've never been able to answer. Why don't you just buy an iPhone? You clearly think its a superior platform or more suitable for your needs. You're just trolling us at this point.
    12-12-2014 06:33 AM
    So...

You think all Windows Phone apps are ugly.

You really want Google services, which is fine.

You think Windows Phone is boring, and you have no faith that Microsoft will ever shake it up.

I'm going to ask you the question I ask in all of your threads that you've never been able to answer. Why don't you just buy an iPhone? You clearly think its a superior platform or more suitable for your needs. You're just trolling us at this point.
    Since you obviously follow me in every thread, ill make it simple for you. I am stuck in the ms ecosystem with almost all of their products. I won't buy an iPhone nor Android. Further explanations about this one will be just considered an off-topic.
    12-12-2014 07:27 AM
    Since you obviously follow me in every thread, ill make it simple for you. I am stuck in the ms ecosystem with almost all of their products. I won't buy an iPhone nor Android. Further explanations about this one will be just considered an off-topic.
    No, please indulge us...
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:11 AM
    I kind of wish they would go back to the hub idea... it was so nice being able to see all my social media listings in the people hub and to be able to respond from there and post to any of them from the me tile or getting facebook messages in the message hub... I didn't even have to install official versions of the app at that point unless I wanted the advanced features the apps provided. If only more apps supported the hub design of WP instead of just porting the app as is from iOS or Android.

About the only thing that would be a nice to have addition is interactive notifications similar to what OSX does.
    12-12-2014 09:07 AM
    If by changes, you mean catching up with competitors yes..
    we got life folders - WOW..
    we got a actioncenter - WOOOOW..
    we got a data toggle - dude, you're kidding me right?

I dont think the UI should be different. I mean it should change the way ios7 and LP did. Add more soft colors like in Android, add this MixView sh*t, add more and fluid animation, change the icons, add more function to these useless Live Tiles (yes they are useless). So much stuff can be done yet staying with the roots of Metro and typografy.

And to those that continue to blow the trumpet all the way around, saying that ios and LP copied Windows Phone with the flatterend design, well at least they managed to made it look beautiful and warm. This metro thing looks ok on paper, on underground signs and so on, but on digital this isnt the case. Apple and Google realized that, and made it right. FLAT != METRO, know your facts. Apple and Google are flat, meaning no skeumorphism and gradients, while using warm colors and informative iconst. Microsoft is Metro, which is infographic oriented design and fonts. The last gets boring quickly, because it is no fun, meaning consumers get bored. Static grid of icons is still functional and fun when it is made right. Microsoft should differentiate with Tiles, but make them more FUN and user friendly, by adding tons of feautures (some of them i just mentioned). iOS and Android are successful, not only because of the apps and the ecosystem, but because Apple knows it needs to bring the sex-factor in their products. Google is starting to realize this too. Only Microsoft is wood. People love what they see at first glance, then come the functional features. Yes, you want the job done with your device, but that is not what attracts consumers. They want animations, tweaks and awesome UI. WP UI is functional and business, and thats why its a niche and noone buys it (and thats why noone wants to write apps for it), while iOS and Lollipop (recently) are sexy and successful.

Conclusion: Stay with tiles and typography, but overhaul the whole UI from the scratch with the cool factor.

I am WP user.
    Biggest joke of the millenium!! Thanks, I laughed so hard!
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-12-2014 11:43 AM
    Ow you mean full colors and animation just for the looks for it. Hm a real kiddy's first phone experience, no thank you.
    I choose for something simple, basic and above all reliable.
    If i want to start a application i want to start it and dont want to see a source eating animation.
    Its a phone, a smartphone witch should be trustworthy and stable just like any other tool.
    If i want something with glitter and shine i would buy a v-tech toy.

And besides that just dont forget how trustworthy Android (Google) handles your personal data.
    And please remember how save Android's security is, its common knowledge that they have a state of the art watertight safety procedures.....off course any kid can bypass it but thats not the issue.

Yep than good old Apple.
    Solid as a brick and secure, i have to give them that.
    But please, how many leaks does ios have and had and Apple ignored them for years until they went accidentally public.
    Thats why any kid can do jailbreak.

How many wp phones where rooted or jailbroken ( interop unlocked )?
    Just a few, like the Samsung Ative and a handful of Lumia's, but for that you need specific knowledge and tools to be able to do that.

But if you are more in to the blingbling, be my guest.
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-12-2014 03:18 PM
    Well, I really like Metro design as in typography. But it is true that lack of colours make it bland after a while. Microsoft need to understand that to be a consumer oriented company, you have to provide wider options to appeal to wider group of people. And to get entertainment features(apps, games, movies, books, apps, maps, social integration) right. Win32 was really great at that. WinRT is not. It is not even about eating resources since both Android/iOS have proven it. It is about giving user the power to choose. Or well, they can stick to their guns and hope that people will have a change of heart overnight.
    decyclone likes this.
    12-12-2014 03:36 PM
    It is not even about eating resources since both Android/iOS have proven it.
    Android has proof that......
    Your kidding right.
    Thats just the main problem with Android.
    Resources means power consumption.

My heavily underrated 1320 runs two days full usage, three days with normal use.
    My older 520 lasted even longer when i didn't grazy stuff with it.
    That's a tiny bit longer than most androids, who cant even last a workingday without plug.
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:07 PM
    Android has proof that......
    Your kidding right.
    Thats just the main problem with Android.
    Resources means power consumption.

My heavily underrated 1320 runs two days full usage, three days with normal use.
    My older 520 lasted even longer when i didn't grazy stuff with it.
    That's a tiny bit longer than most androids, who cant even last a workingday without plug.
    I'm no technical person but I think it is because of the way android handles background tasks and allot memory/cpu to apps. Windows phone is more efficient because of that.
    SSgt Bruskowiz likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:14 PM
    Let's be honest. Win10 for phones will have absolutely the same UI like wp8 and Microsoft won' t change a thing. iOS7 big change, Android Lollipop - big change. Microsofts Windows Phone - absolutely the same since wp7 (except the blank space on the start screen with the arrow) for 5 years..
    Let's be honest. You have no idea what the UI for Windows 10 Phones will look like. How about you sit back, relax and wait until that is reveled. Then, and only then can you make a fair comparison versus iOS and Android.
    12-12-2014 04:24 PM
    I'm no technical person but I think it is because of the way android handles background tasks and allot memory/cpu to apps. Windows phone is more efficient because of that.
    That's exactly what i meant 👍
    12-12-2014 05:06 PM
    Can somebody please close this thread.....
    Pointless and endless discussions hahaha
    Sonu K and Chintan Gohel like this.
    12-12-2014 05:08 PM
    The biggest change to the W10 for Phone UI would probably be the Mixview with exploding tiles. It adds COOL factor to the start screen tiles which have often been criticized for being boring. In fact, WP should give users the option to use colorful app icons as on iPhone or Android screen instead of the boring squares. With Mixview, when your finger hovers on top of each icon/tile will cause the exploding Live Tiles to pop up. So its screen can be customized just as iPhone or Android but still has the Live Tiles functions. It can make WP UI far more interesting than either iPhone or Android.
    TechmeIN64 and Sonu K like this.
    12-12-2014 08:25 PM
    8.1's UI changes were great, I don't see why anyone should worry about what Windows 10 for phones has in store.
    12-13-2014 05:23 AM
    The biggest change to the W10 for Phone UI would probably be the Mixview with exploding tiles. It adds COOL factor to the start screen tiles which have often been criticized for being boring. In fact, WP should give users the option to use colorful app icons as on iPhone or Android screen instead of the boring squares. With Mixview, when your finger hovers on top of each icon/tile will cause the exploding Live Tiles to pop up. So its screen can be customized just as iPhone or Android but still has the Live Tiles functions. It can make WP UI far more interesting than either iPhone or Android.
    this.
    12-15-2014 01:46 AM
    Please add the ability to toggle the action center on or off and the ability to have the old top bar with the service status icons. Where when you swiped down it would bring the icons down then fade away so that only the time showed.
    anon5997296 likes this.
    12-16-2014 10:40 PM
    i have a dream

12-17-2014 05:15 AM
    Wooow dude, that is so cool look.
    But I don't expect that Microsoft will enable transparent tiles.
    They are going really slow with customization.
    raphok likes this.
    12-17-2014 06:38 AM
    Well to my mind they should just move the notifications so it comes in when you pull in from the left. To me that's a more sensible gesture for WP than pulling from the top & a better UX decision because it can be done one handed. Also it'd be nice to be different to iOS and Android.

I love that iOS photo showing how it's hardly changed. Totally shows that the OP is wrong that other OS's have changed. Thing is, Apple users on the whole like familiarity, so it's hard for Apple to really do much to change their UI.

Android has changed more, only because it desperately needed to. There was no consistency before Modern and the few bits that had Holo just looked too plain and inhumane.

WP never needed a refresh, it was thought out to last, and built from the ground up. They've finessed it over the years, adding some really nice features while keeping the consistency. (Though as I said above I think the Notifications should pull in from the left). I expect we'll get a lot of new things with Windows 10. Horizontal & Vertical views for the home screen, flyout folders & tiles, ability to name & group apps (like W8). But I think more is going from WP to big Windows than the other way around, and just that one system everywhere is the bigger benefit than any eye candy.
    12-17-2014 07:23 AM
    what we know so far about Windows 10 clearly indicates that Windows 10 on phones/tablets will look different than WP8.1 The recently leaked build of Windows 10 technical preview already clearly shows that Metro design is changing significantly.
    12-17-2014 07:35 AM
    I just don't understand why its needed though. Why can't you just have a live tile that gives you these notifications? The only thing I would want is a swipe from left to access settings and toggles, but even then I still preferred the tile button (I had a row of them at the top of the screen using connectivity tiles) tap, turn on and off or adjust settings. I didn't care it took two taps to on off something, the only one I would like to have a single tap is airplane mode since its really on or off and no settings there.

Either way I understand why they did some of the stuff, give a more familiar UX to new users but at the same time its hurting the flow of the whole UI in my opinion at least.

A swipe from the left is a good idea, but I still prefer the idea of PINNING items you frequently access to the start screen. Hence why I would prefer it if they just gave the option to turn these things on or off to maintain the WP8.0 tile centric UI. The one thing I do agree with is adding the 3 medium tile option, that allows you to utilize the screen more. The folders also help, but in my use I rarely use the and in most cases just scrap the folder completely and just pin the apps.

Maybe its just me, but I preferred the idea of unlocking the phone and looking at the start screen (swiping up as necessary) and seeing everything I need and going into the app only if I needed to take action on something.

Hubs I do miss in certain cases, I think music/video should be joined together again as a single app. Photo hub I liked as well, I did not mind tapping the camera roll, now I freak out if I have some questionable photos because it just opens up that album by default...

I don't use FB or Twitter but I understand why the integration was scrapped, as a change in API on the services end would result in a dead experience until a full OS update is released, one word to that. Verizon.

I wish there was a way to maintain that hub integration but without making the People Hub an APP there is just no possibility in my mind. The only thing I can think MS could do in this case is that the apps THEY devlop have a flag set that they run in sys space or always loaded into mem or something, to give the same speed as when they were part of the core OS.

I dunno, so much of what was awesome as far as UX is being lost, like the vision is just being messed with by to many cooks. Some of the new features are greatly appreciated, setting app tones, vibrations, etc is great and wordflow is helpful. So is cortana (for the love of FSM add the vision button). I am starting to form a love hate relationship and I don't like it, cause I felt it before.....

FINAL THOUGHT: I don't know why MS devs add a feature people are screaming about without giving the option to TOGGLE it on or off, have it on by default during the update but give me the option to turn it on or off.

Its like giving 5 people what they want cause they won't shut up, and throwing away everything for those that were perfectly happy with what they had... CHOICE ffs, add a feature and give the ability to turn it on or off. Its not much to ask for...

I understand in some cases that is not possible (hubs) but for settings and general UX/UI it should be possible.... Unless the argument is to keep it simple and too much choice can be overwhelming as well....
    anon5997296 likes this.
    12-17-2014 03:26 PM
    I have an iPad with iOS 8.1.2. The U.I. is exactly the same as in my first generation iPod touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-17-2014 03:47 PM
    That's one ugly dream right there. Are there realy people that like this kind of things?Why are there black borders arround text and icons (I think those are supposed to be shadows?) and how does the background with transparent tiles look good?
    Sonu K likes this.
    12-21-2014 04:03 PM
81 1234