Will non Lumia phones like Samsung Ativ S/SE get the Windows 10?

Eugen Megherea

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
MS said that all Lumia phones will get the update. I wonder if other non Lumia WP's will get the update. Should I keep Samsung Ativ S or to buy a Lumia? Thanks

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure that through preview all phones will get it.
Ativ SE would probably get the official update too, not sure about S.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure that through preview all phones will get it.
Ativ SE would probably get the official update too, not sure about S.

Yes ATIV S i8750 will get the Win10, maybe even earlier than ATIV SE as ATIV S got official WP8.1.1 before ATIV SE. Don't know if ATIV SE even get to WP8.1.1 :)

Eugen Megherea

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I was worried because MS said that it will be available for all Lumia phones and that's all, no additional info about other phones. I thought it will be lumia exclusive, but I understand now that this is absurd. Some weeks and we'll see

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry w10 will be for everyone (EXCEPT WP7, you cant be sure if people wont ask about it). The usual problem will be the carriers and the OEMs, but there is the Preview for Develpers.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nah we got Preview they don't ;)

Not exactly.
Lollipop has the L Preview, and the nature of Android and vibrancy of its ROM scene means that even for older, or since dumped devices, you're bound to find a ported custom ROM of KitKat, or whatever in varying states of stability and completion. (many are experimental, others are fine for normal use, etc. ICS, JB, etc.)

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly.
Lollipop has the L Preview, and the nature of Android and vibrancy of its ROM scene means that even for older, or since dumped devices, you're bound to find a ported custom ROM of KitKat, or whatever in varying states of stability and completion. (many are experimental, others are fine for normal use, etc. ICS, JB, etc.)

Well even the official update of Lollipop is unusably bugged. The preview was even worse and thus not something a regular user will need.
ROMs also mean a higher than average user to flash the phone and there is always the risk of bricking the device.
Our PFD updates are much more stable and just about anybody can get them without too much in the level of knowledge :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes