What will be the Facebook App for windows 10?

meccruz

May 28, 2014
Visit site
if the Apps will be unified, what will be the Facebook app? the one created by microsoft or the facebook inc. created app?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Im guessing that depends on FB itself. IF they are willing to create a universal app then we will have the official app and if not we will continue as is

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's an interesting question.
I wouldn't mind both solutions, both apps are nice.
However I want constant updates so the app isn't behind in terms of features compared to the web and/or Android/iOS apps.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I still believe in the original windows phone legacy of a more intuitive integrated experience. From a technical standpoint it is easier and more logical to make individual apps to make bugfixing and updates more easier. But the original windows phone 7 experience was a more cohesive experience that made facebook tailored to your experience and basic needs and experience with your friends and collegues, not as now where I feel that the user is tailored towards facebook. Subtle but in daily life it does make a difference for me. If I wanted to share a picture, file or post on facebook I did not have to go to the facebook app. I could just stay within the people hub and just post there from my live tile. It's still here in windows 8.1 but you are redirected to the facebook app, It get's the same job done but its note the same. It feels like what once was a whole, is now a sum of its parts. It isn't bad but its not a cohesive experience either.

The trend of ever more sum of parts is only increasing. It's partly inevitable, but it does lose some of the orignal charm with what made windows phone unique. And whats more if the app is not installed at launch it makes the people hub partly unusable, because you need the app as a co-partner to function. That is not a good and cohesive experience. Like other apps it would be better if microsoft offered in app add-ins/upgrades to increase the immersive experience of their own hubs, but not as now the increasing dependency of an almost obligatory symbiosis with other apps. It makes the whole experience fragmented and frustrating and doesnt bear resemblance with the original philosophy. I am not sure if they can pull wanting me to like windows 10 more with this strategy. I would like to see the hubs back in their full glory and improved on that, not with more apps.

Cohesive experience is what I'm still looking for in windows 10, that will get me to "wanting to like windows 10 more".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen