Lumia 620 went black while using Windows phone recovery tool

energyline

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 TP on L620. after few hours, tried to roll back to 8.1 using windows phone recovery tool.
first it gave me an error and my phone stuck at red screen writing "nokia" on it. then i tried again and l620 completely went black. now windows phone recovery tool does not recognize it. phone seems dead but when i connect it to pc i hear new device sound. however nothing happens.

CDanArt

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't use the flashing tool. It bricks devices, happened to me too but it was an old lumia 520 I wasn't using so doesn't matter but I would never flash using the recovery tool again.

CDanArt

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
There are ways using specialized hardware like jtag riff box or turbo flasher box which around 4-6k (INR) but it's too much of a hassle and too expensive unless you mess up a 930 or 1520.
What happens when you're in flash mode and are disconnected is the that if your boot is not flashed then you can't boot the phone (check device manager, under USB, if it shows as Qualcomm or QHSUSB_DLOAD then it means that it's not detected as a phone and boot is messed up and can't be flashed using software only.) These devices I mentioned above can flash the boot back and enable the phone for flashing again. See if a local repairwala has one.

Using Nokia care suite for flashing has been reliable for me so far. This is the first time I did it with the software recovery tool and this happened.
Most of us disconnect when the flash fails but even after it fails, it's still in flash mode as shown under device manager so one shouldn't unplug and should try using Nokia care suite or NSU for retail to flash it again.
Also always start flashing only when the phone is fully charged.

Also, if phone's still under warranty, best to go to Nokia care.

Last edited:

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago with a Lumia 520. I can now tell it has happened to a lot of people. Mine was out of warranty though, so nothing I can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen