When we switch between Apps(already opened), app trying to reload again instead of showing the app where it was used last time. was it same on other OSs(Android/IOS) too ?
    05-11-2015 02:05 AM
    I have used android and BlackBerry 10 devices. My answer is NO. They don't be like "resuming" or "reloading". They start from where they we left it right away.

When we switch between Apps(already opened), app trying to reload again instead of showing the app where it was used last time. was it same on other OSs(Android/IOS) too ?
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-11-2015 06:02 AM
    Well in android if your using a phone that doesn't exactly have the best processor then usually you encounter lag, and stutter, not just in task switching but also in any other task, but most likely not until the device has somewhat aged....Android DOES NOT age well in alot of cases
    k72 and xandros9 like this.
    05-11-2015 06:25 AM
    IOS does do the "resuming" of apps, but it takes a screenshot of the app's current location before you switch between apps. Sometimes, it has to fully restart the app (map apps for example).
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-11-2015 06:35 AM
    I think the best in resuming apps is iOS, sometimes I leave an app open for a day and it still resumes to where it was. Windows Phone is the worst in resuming apps, sometimes I leave the app for just a few seconds, and one of these three things happen: App gets buggy, it takes ages to load, or it gets restarted. So I really think Microsoft should consider doing something about this.
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-11-2015 06:43 AM
    So, this part should improve alot in win10. It is almost nil if we want to say compare to android :(

Is this related to multitasking(our people usally say should improve multitasking in our discussions :))
    05-11-2015 06:44 AM
    I rarely have a resuming screen on anything on my 930, with the exception of one or two games.

Upgrade.

You don't think low end androids don't have loading issues? I have a low end android tablet and it reloads often between switching from one thing to the next.
    harihar akhil likes this.
    05-13-2015 07:48 AM
    I rarely have a resuming screen on anything on my 930, with the exception of one or two games.

Upgrade.

You don't think low end androids don't have loading issues? I have a low end android tablet and it reloads often between switching from one thing to the next.
    Your words are like" get a high end WP to not have loading and resuming screens"
    Montpbm likes this.
    05-13-2015 07:59 AM
    I have resuming on my 1520 and it pisses me off.
    05-13-2015 08:03 AM
    One part of it may be on Windows 10 fast track phones: Memory Management isn't quite working as well as it could (described in known issues in this build).

My phone gave me VERY long resuming screens after I downloaded W10, but after I did a hard reset after installing W10 it didn't do that as often, and resumed more realistically.
    05-13-2015 08:20 AM
    I will heavily use twitter, whatsapp n nearbylive(recently). I'm seeing resuming message even with out changing the app like I press n hold back button n selected the same app(where Im before back n hold). I'm using L520. Very very annoying :(
    05-13-2015 08:21 AM
    Twitter app is completely insane. Not sure, if it has to be with OS or app itself. But pictures won't show up for me
    05-13-2015 12:20 PM
    Nope, Android and IOS show exactly where you left it off previously. Only WP shows this irritating loading screen.
    05-13-2015 12:38 PM
    Your words are like" get a high end WP to not have loading and resuming screens"
    Pretty much.

Better and faster hardware means better and faster performance.

Though do keep in mind that the W10 preview for phones is not yet optimized so every device is going to see more loading screens than on 8.1 Denim, including the 930 & 1520.

Windows 10 on PC's was zippy as anything during the Enterprise phase and then when the mass build release came, everything slowed down a lot and was borderline unusable.... After a few more builds it was much quicker.

W10 for phones is only a couple of builds in at the moment and from what I gather, this next build will no doubt improve the performance by a good amount.

But again, using a low end device with little RAM and CPU power will indeed make you experience more frequent loading screens, especially when you have more and more things running at once.... Those poor little creatures are not meant to run as smooth as the high ends but just meant to function.

If they were meant to run as well as high ends then most wouldn't bother spending the extra money on a high end.

Sacrifices will be made.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2015 08:16 PM
    Totally agree. Apple and MS need to stop being so obstinate about stubbornly clinging to this stingy notion of manufacturing devices with the most minimal RAM they can get away with. It's not cutting it anymore, this isn't 2012-2013 we're almost halfway to 2016.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2015 08:38 PM
    Pretty much.

Though do keep in mind that the W10 preview for phones is not yet optimized so every device is going to see more loading screens than on 8.1 Denim, including the 930 & 1520.

Windows 10 on PC's was zippy as anything during the Enterprise phase and then when the mass build release came, everything slowed down a lot and was borderline unusable.... After a few more builds it was much quicker.

W10 for phones is only a couple of builds in at the moment and from what I gather, this next build will no doubt improve the performance by a good amount.

But again, using a low end device with little RAM and CPU power will indeed make you experience more frequent loading screens, especially when you have more and more things running at once.... Those poor little creatures are not meant to run as smooth as the high ends but just meant to function.

If they were meant to run as well as high ends then most wouldn't bother spending the extra money on a high end.

Sacrifices will be made.
    So low ends are meant to run not more than one app at a time?sorry if it goes for wp but android current low ends we can multitask with 4+apps and viola no loading screens.

I said based on my experiences with my Lumia 520 and my father's android tablet(used office,Photoshop touch,browser,inkscape and no lag)
    05-13-2015 11:12 PM
    They have learn from BlackBerry.. Low end phones have 4 active screens while high end has eight.. In Wp all the phones are same.. I used win10 and the app resumes from where it was left.. Hopefully it gets better..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2015 11:24 PM
    Pretty much.

Sacrifices will be made.
    Many Lumias r running with same snapdragon 400 with 1gb r 512MB ram. Im not talking with win10 TP(its alpha version. Cant expect more from it). Even with 1 or 2 apps in BG, frequently facing loading or resuming screens. Thats the point im talking
    05-14-2015 02:40 AM
    They have learn from BlackBerry.. Low end phones have 4 active screens while high end has eight.. In Wp all the phones are same.. I used win10 and the app resumes from where it was left.. Hopefully it gets better..
    Need to implement this type of funtionality(vista basic OS has this type of limitation )
    05-14-2015 02:41 AM
    Where the current windows system shines is when you install more than 120apps on the phone...
    05-14-2015 02:44 AM
    No; it is only WP that resumes and loads. How hilarious this is! I am on my heels....
    05-14-2015 02:56 AM