Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Like many others, and as Microsoft suggested, I went back to 8.1 and set everything up properly. All was working great.

It said I had an update and I installed it. As others said, that update was bad. Most tiles would not open. Store would not open. ETC

But another update was immediately ready, so I installed that. 10149 in place and every app tested so far is great. Also, because I came from 8.1, it kept all my email accounts, messages, etc.

Messaging, Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, Edge, Facebook, Skype are all working. Just downloading Excel, Word & PowerPoint to try with OfficeLens.

OS is smooth, notifications are working, this is the best one yet!

I am actually TRYING to find something wrong with it!!!! lol

AT&T Lumia 1520 16gb w/64gb microSD card.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
This is a brief review so far of this latest build (10149) on my Lumia 730 dual sim (India).
I have found only following bugs so far:

1. The action centre items sometimes keep blinking (esp. quiet hiur).

2. The people hub again crashes like before.

3. The language pack still cannot be downladed and used.

4. Sometimes swipe down action of notification centre lags. Usually when we used to play games and all, the action centre used to take a pause in between before the full swipe down. Now its seen everywhere.

5. Microsoft Edge fails to display few websites properly, especially facebook.

6. When you click on 'check updates' in store beta, you will end up seeing the entire set of apps you have installed in update queue. I wonder why.

7. Still uninstalling an app from app list wont take it away instantly. Only a restart will remove it from the app list.

Now the good things about the build.

1. The new animations are nice, though it looks like iOS animations.

2. The app loading time has reduced and seems much faster.

3. The parallax effect on start screen has returned.

4. There is a decent transtion from start screen to app list swipe action. Seems good so far.

5. The 8.1 update 2 feature to lock devices by double tapping on on-screen navigation bar has entered this build and live.

6. You can see many minor and major tweaks in UI, like font style & size, app icons, volume bar, placement of items in action centre,accent colour for navigation bar ( on screen), dark background for store beta and so on.
7. PDF files can be opened using a dedicated PDF reader app now.

8. New system sounds like in PC/ laptop is audible for system alerts or default tones.

9. The file explorer also has certain tweaks and the folder icons are more polished now.

10. The new video app is called movies &tv and it has new options as well. It detects folders from your photos hub and picks up the videos from there.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
10136 on my 640 was horrible. The first in place installation over 8.1 resulted in blurry tiles, duplicated apps all over the place and a general mess. I did a hard rest of 10136 which was a bit better. I managed to pin individual inboxes to Start, but new mail notification was not working. The new calendar I also find to be much less useful for me.

So, is 10149 so much better? And another question - is Cortana available outside the US on 10149?

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Scaling issue in Lumia 535 is GONE!

IT was very annoying when I have to turn my phone to landscape(physically) when I had to delete some message etc

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to add another email account in this build? I couldn't do that in last one. Crashed every time I tried. Also, can you pin live tiles for each account on start screen?
I have 3 email accounts set up. Office 365, POP3, and Yahoo.

Sent by my Honor 6

Is the Data Sense app working in this build? In 10136, you couldn't input the data limit number into the box, when it's set to Monthly.
Yes.

Sent by my Honor 6

Hey does anybody know about the issue with the system apps? I updated to 10149 today and can't open Phone, Message, Music and Video. Whenever I open them a message appears saying that there is a problem with that app, I need to either buy or uninstall them. I've tapped them and none of them work. How can I resolve this? I am using a 920 and I updated from 10136. Thanks for your help.
My 636 updated from 10136 too. I simply reboot and apps work.

Sent by my Honor 6

Guys, can you help, please test Whatsapp and FB Messenger, it was irritating on 10136, when you typed fast and pressed Enter, or just while you typing keyboard could freeze and whole app hanged I had to close it and rewrite everything. It happened every 2-5 minutes on my 930(hard resetted), can anyone check if this is solved.
I can only speak about Facebook Messenger. The problem is gone.

Sent by my Honor 6

i updated my phone and now i couldnt find most of the apps on my phone.. any body faced the issue?
Reboot your phone.

Sent by my Honor 6

So i read in here that wifi cant be turned on, is it true?
And does the sms and calling work?
Im on l625 so 512mb of ram
Wi-fi is perfect working on my 636.

Sent by my Honor 6

Last edited by a moderator:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a brief review so far of this latest build (10149) on my Lumia 730 dual sim (India).
I have found only following bugs so far:

1. The action centre items sometimes keep blinking (esp. quiet hiur).

2. The people hub again crashes like before.

3. The language pack still cannot be downladed and used.

4. Sometimes swipe down action of notification centre lags. Usually when we used to play games and all, the action centre used to take a pause in between before the full swipe down. Now its seen everywhere.

5. Microsoft Edge fails to display few websites properly, especially facebook.

6. When you click on 'check updates' in store beta, you will end up seeing the entire set of apps you have installed in update queue. I wonder why.

7. Still uninstalling an app from app list wont take it away instantly. Only a restart will remove it from the app list.

Now the good things about the build.

1. The new animations are nice, though it looks like iOS animations.

2. The app loading time has reduced and seems much faster.

3. The parallax effect on start screen has returned.

4. There is a decent transtion from start screen to app list swipe action. Seems good so far.

5. The 8.1 update 2 feature to lock devices by double tapping on on-screen navigation bar has entered this build and live.

6. You can see many minor and major tweaks in UI, like font style & size, app icons, volume bar, placement of items in action centre,accent colour for navigation bar ( on screen), dark background for store beta and so on.
7. PDF files can be opened using a dedicated PDF reader app now.

8. New system sounds like in PC/ laptop is audible for system alerts or default tones.

9. The file explorer also has certain tweaks and the folder icons are more polished now.

10. The new video app is called movies &tv and it has new options as well. It detects folders from your photos hub and picks up the videos from there.

Have you added these in feedback app yet?

digitallnet

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get this on the HTC M8? I keep checking for updates and it keeps telling me everything is up to date. Do I have to roll back to 8.1 first in order to get this?

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Despite having never been a part of the Windows Mobile insider program this update installed on my 930 today. I have no clue why.

I wasn't prepared to have W10 on my handset all of the sudden, but it isn't that bad. I like the new start screen, but the live tile icons are completely the wrong size, and the battery icon is so smal' you can't even see what charge you have.

I also don't know how to change the homepage in the edge browser. Is the Facebook connection in the peoplehub gone now or is that coming back?

It seems only slightly slower than 8.1 considering that this imported ALL my messages, photos, songs etch, from the old os. I am getting some blank notifications in the action centre also.

Will this build install on low storage devices like the 530?

Jon Schade

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Like yeah, really, totally.
Of course I read it. Didn't you notice the "very rare" in quotes? That was from the known issues post.
It was a simple question if anyone had suggestions. What Gabe said doesn't work. The pin pad just seems to wait for the terminating digit.
You can't shut off the pin if you can't get in the phone.

Anyway, I rolled back to 8.1. If I could have rolled back to 136, I would have.

CrownSeven

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Loving this build so far. Its the first one that I think I'll actually keep on my 640 which I use as a daily driver. I even tried pairing my bluetooth mouse with the phone and it works - cool. Looks like pinning individual email accounts does not work currently - unless I'm just doing it wrong.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
My notification section has a bunch of weird entries at the top, no idea what apps they're referring to. But I also dont seem to get any banners for new email :(

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
If I open an app.. And if I swipe from top to open action centre it is opening like when we play a game on the phone.. Swipe two times to open action center

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo