10149 - Is there a trick to getting Gmail to work?

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
[EDIT] Problem solved by Ashish Gupta below. Make merry with his Thanks and Like buttons, one and all

Sorry to make my own thread on this, but I've tried everything I can think of.

Adding Google in accounts goes fine through every stage of verification, but after the 2-step code I get the Permission screen ("Windows Phone would like permission to handle your email, read your contacts' info" etc). There are two buttons: Cancel and Accept. Neither of them responds to touch at all.

I'm on L930. I've tried pure resets with no use of a backup, where I don't even sign into my MS account until it's done the full 8.1>10>latest 10 installation. It's always the same. I tried adding Gmail as an "other" POP3 account, but it constantly asks for my password and never manages to sync. Any ideas, please?

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset?
Did you let is crunch through all the background stuff for maybe 20 to 30 minutes before trying? I have heard that it is taking a bit longer for all the background stuff to get sorted out before everything works on this build.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yes, and yes. Everything else is fine - it's just these buttons that don't work, which is a real shame because I'll probably have to skip this build when everyone else appears to be enjoying it :) Without Gmail, my People list will not be populated and I'll lose my Calendar events, so it's all a wash without that really.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Aw man... I didn't know Gmail didn't work at all. I just thought it *could* lead to inconsistencies in messaging app.

I mean, that isn't good either - but I have a Google Business account that I absolutely have to have. That's a bummer. Report back if you find a workaround OP.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It clearly is working for some people, this is the weird thing: one of MS's warnings in the list of new bugs was a danger that including a Gmail account had the potential to cause a conflict with the PIN lock [edit - or the Messaging app? One of the two]. How I would love to experience that danger ;)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Gmail is working for me..no issues.Did you update the app from Store beta first? I faced somewhat same issue but with Ready to Go button while setting up accounts which was then disabled and then I updated it from the Store beta and it worked like charm then.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had that same issue on my Icon but eventually got the buttons to work. I hit back, try entering the Gmail credentials again, scroll up and down.... hit back, try again... but not in that particular order. Eventually the button worked.

I also noticed this issue on some website on Edge.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Gmail is working for me..no issues.Did you update the app from Store beta first? I faced somewhat same issue but with Ready to Go button while setting up accounts which was then disabled and then I updated it from the Store beta and it worked like charm then.

ALL SALUTATIONS AND PRAISE TO THIS EXEMPLARY GENTLEMAN. HE IS WORTHY OF LAUDATION.

That worked!

BRB, going out to chant "ASHISH GUPTA! ASHISH GUPTA!" in the streets. My neighbours must hear about this.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
ALL SALUTATIONS AND PRAISE TO THIS EXEMPLARY GENTLEMAN. HE IS WORTHY OF LAUDATION.

That worked!

BRB, going out to chant "ASHISH GUPTA! ASHISH GUPTA!" in the streets. My neighbours must hear about this.

Haha..that was so nice of you, thanks :)
It feels good that it helped you..enjoy the weekend..have fun :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon