Why aren't photos uploading to OneDrive (W10 Mobile b10149)?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Photos not uploading to OneDrive (W10 Mobile b10149)

Pictures taken with the camera are not automatically uploaded anymore to OneDrive. I have it enabled. I'm using Windows 10 Mobile 10149. I could not find mention of this. Anyone have this issue? Thanks.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Photos not uploading to OneDrive (W10 Mobile b10149)

I just finally jumped in and installed 10149 on my Lumina 810 today. I to am having issues.

I did open OneDrive, Hamburger, settings, Camera Upload = On (it was off by default) and it's still not uploading photos.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Are you on Wifi, by default it only uploads images when a Wifi connection is active. You can change this behavior by enabling the setting "use tethered connection for upload" (or something like that, my phone works in german language and i don't know the exact wording in english)

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately, it does not do it for me, as well, never mind the settings I use. You just have to know that and be careful with precious photos on this build.
For me, it does not even manually upload pictures into onedrive. It stays on 'Ausstehend', which means that it would start sometime - but it never does.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Yep, Wi-Fi is turned on, and connected.

Fortunately, all my photos are saved to a microSD card. So I can take it out and copy them off if needed (or just connect the phone to my SP3 and copy off manually).

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I turned it on and had to wait about 20 minutes before it started uploading a weekends worth of photos.

I have found that it doesn't upload screenshots or saved pictures anymore though.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

You are lucky to even be able to take a picture. I tried this morning to take a picture with my 920 of a sheet of my paper from my gf so I didn't have to take the pape with me and discovered that I could do a video but not a picture(I'd hit the button and the icon for switching between picture and video just turned **** yellow). I just needed to take another picture at work, so I went ahead and restarted the phone before attempting. It did better. Well, it crashed the first hit of the camera button. The second time I loaded it up, it made the tone and froze the picture like it had taken a picture. But when I go to Photos, I get a WP_20150629_12_39_4_Pro.jpg We can't open this file.

Luke Blackman1

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Try signing out and back in again in the OneDrive app. You might be surprised that they have already uploaded to OneDrive but the OneDrive app hasn't updated the uploaded photos. I noticed this when I looked on my Win 10 Laptop in the Photos app and it pulled down the photos I had taken on my phone even though phone was showing it hadn't uploaded.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

I cant even manually upload to onedrive, sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesnt.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Not working on mines at all either on my lumia 640

webreid

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

***UPDATE***

Updated to 10166 and still not uploading.​

Not working on my Lumia 1020. I tried to manually upload and selected about 10 photos for upload to One Drive. It uploaded the first one and none of the others.

Last edited:

awesmdiver

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Glad to see I wasn't the only person who notices this. Yep, on 10166 the OneDrive app does not upload my pictures taken and I noticed that if I turn on Upload Video and do so over Metered Connection, both of those options turn back off. However, after I logged out and back on those settings stuck. But still no uploading of images.

cafodima

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Ditto...same issue of not uploading.. My OneDrive icon on PC says how many files have still not uploaded for some reason :eck:

sould_divided

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
i just noticed this issue as well and when i went to my phone all my photos taken are sitting in queue and just said "waiting...". i fixed the issue by going into the OneDrive app and under camera backup i turned that off then closed the App. I then reopened the App and went to the same setting and turned camera backup on and all my queued photos are now uploading (about 490 photos at the moment) - give it a try and post if that helped you.

Note: and not sure but i just got the 10586.494 build yesterday as well so maybe there was a fix in that too.

Added Note: make sure your OneDrive has background process turned on otherwise when your screen is sleeping it will not upload either.

Last edited:

eguerrero

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You might also want to check in Manage OneDrive upload settings; check for Upload on metered connections is On and Camera Upload settins is ON.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon