Read incoming text messages?

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Recently put the most recent build of W10M on my Lumia Icon, and a few features I've noticed have seemed to vanish. The one that bothers me the most is I can't seem to find a way for my phone to read incoming text messages aloud via my headphones or Bluetooth headset, did they nix this feature? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks for any help.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Recently put the most recent build of W10M on my Lumia Icon, and a few features I've noticed have seemed to vanish. The one that bothers me the most is I can't seem to find a way for my phone to read incoming text messages aloud via my headphones or Bluetooth headset, did they nix this feature? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks for any help.

The setting is in Cortana settings but, it does not work. It will tell you "You have a text message from <texter> do you want to read it ?" and from there it will crash. On my phone it just ends up with the lock screen with nothing on it (no time or anything).

Does anyone here have it working on 10166 or is this just me ?

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya I tried to enable it, and it just crashes when I ask it to read it. Another feature they seem to have lost is the ability to choose what sounds you want your app notifications to have, I can't even seem to change my text message tone. In 8.1, you just did it from the action center, now, it doesn't seem to give you that option. Does anyone else notice this??

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya I tried to enable it, and it just crashes when I ask it to read it. Another feature they seem to have lost is the ability to choose what sounds you want your app notifications to have, I can't even seem to change my text message tone. In 8.1, you just did it from the action center, now, it doesn't seem to give you that option. Does anyone else notice this??

It does work, you just need to tap on the actual writing not the app icon in notifications setting

wp10_10

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I suffer from the same problem, any updates on this?
I have the latest 14342 10 mobile update and read somewhere that this should have been fixed, can't find the settings though. :straight:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is related but on the latest Fast Ring build, on my 950XL, it reads text messages aloud without any issues although I am not using a headset or anything like that to do so.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

The setting is in Cortana settings but, it does not work. It will tell you "You have a text message from <texter> do you want to read it ?" and from there it will crash. On my phone it just ends up with the lock screen with nothing on it (no time or anything).

Does anyone here have it working on 10166 or is this just me ?

Could you solve the problem? With my Lumia 930 I can't get the text messages read aloud with Bluetooth after update to WM10. Just crashing after Cortana announces the incoming message and answering her to read it, as you said. Currently with 10.0.14393.2189 build. I really need this function.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3