BUILD 10166 and people without issues

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, previous build (before 10166) was my last one, I didn't decide to load 10166 because of the BUGS threat, where there's already 42 pages of issues. Maybe we should also make a list of people who use w10m as a daily driver and don't complain. I know that there may be some small bugs, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't use it. If I'll see that there are still milions of people with 10166 onboard then I will probably decide to try again. Anyone who make a post here, please let us know which phone U use.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
I'm a cab driver who has used W10M as a daily driver. For my needs it worked flawlessly. My issue, and why I reverted to 8.1 was the notification issues. Contacts was easy to sort, but email, was a different matter. I get bookings through my website, and no notifications as such, left me open to failure to pick up a fare.

I'm sure if I had the time and tinkered, I could resolve this, I don't at the moment. As a tool for calls, texts, browsing, it was ok. No 'hey cortana'

Lumia 930

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I'm a cab driver who has used W10M as a daily driver. For my needs it worked flawlessly. My issue, and why I reverted to 8.1 was the notification issues. Contacts was easy to sort, but email, was a different matter. I get bookings through my website, and no notifications as such, left me open to failure to pick up a fare.

I'm sure if I had the time and tinkered, I could resolve this, I don't at the moment. As a tool for calls, texts, browsing, it was ok. No 'hey cortana'

Lumia 930

I can sure see how the notification issues would hurt your business. Hopefully they sort it out. Probably not this week though, with all energy being into PC W10 launch. I am sorely missing"Hey Cortana"!

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been using 66 as my daily driver since it's release but just this morning Outlook Mail has gone spotty on me and keeps crashing. I was hoping for a new build or an update for the Mail app itself. Might have to rollback. But I will roll-forward right away.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been using 66 as my daily driver since it's release but just this morning Outlook Mail has gone spotty on me and keeps crashing. I was hoping for a new build or an update for the Mail app itself. Might have to rollback. But I will roll-forward right away.
using it daily on a 1520 and before that a 930. I am ready for bug fixes but fear it will not be til next week. Overall, 10166 is usable as a daily

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 10166 on L520 as my daily driver. Works OK. The other night there was a big push of updated apps. Last night the battery ran down with data and WiFi off. I did a soft reboot and seems better. I'm going to stay with this. Yes, its slow sometimes, but 8.1 could be slow at times.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac