How to make Groove only play offline music

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
On the previous build, I'd go to Songs, Refine and set for Available Offline then click Shuffle All.

Considering I just reset my phone yesterday to a blank slate and just copied over a certain set of music over this morning(3K or so of the 9K worth of songs), I was very frustrated for it to start playing music from my OneDrive rather than what I'd copied onto my phone. This becomes a serious problem when I'm doing my yard and going between our buildings at work when I'm at the boundry of the WiFi in the different buildings and I have ZERO reason to use up my data plan on music when I have the songs I want to hear located on my phone.

The thing is, this was working with the previous build(I just did yard work Tuesday night with zero issues just playing offline music). I thought the whole point of all these things being apps now is that they are decoupled from the build and could be updated faster(and now, being universal apps, tied to the desktop version).

While not finding a solution online this morning I toyed with creating a playlist for all the offline files, but then, of course, there's no "select all" in Groove, is there? No way I'm going to select 3k songs one at a time. Any other suggestions?

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the "refine" tip.
I noticed duplicated songs (some with a wifi-looking icon) and figured they were streaming.
I was able to choose Available Offline, without issue.
Are you saying that it's still streaming, even after selecting Available Offline?
JJ

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it is playing music steaming, but when i wake the screen it shows the WiFi symbol which certainly suggests it is streaming.

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i noticed one day that a song was having a hard time starting with the 3-4 dots going side to side as if its loading. i turned off my wireless and data, then it started immediately I'm almost positive it was attempting to stream, when i told it play from local data. I dont get it, Groove is just so bad.

Spart 1855

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I had an issue this morning, lost internet due to a snow storm, tried to workout in my basement (0 to 1 bar) and Groove could not start an offline playlist.

Is there any other player that can be used for offline playing, I am starting to get sick of it "needing" to be connected to play a simple playlist / songs that are on the SD card.

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue this morning, lost internet due to a snow storm, tried to workout in my basement (0 to 1 bar) and Groove could not start an offline playlist.

Is there any other player that can be used for offline playing, I am starting to get sick of it "needing" to be connected to play a simple playlist / songs that are on the SD card.

I ran into an app just recently called Mus'Box, seriously one of the best apps for music i've ever used on WP.

it has play from file folder, an in-app volume bar, easy to make playlists... seriously a great app.

It just is expensive to buy if you want to disable ads, doesnt do album art very well, and the live tile is less than desirable.

Try it out!

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fapps%2Fmusbox%2F9nblggh68lmn&token=Go5ymVLh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb