Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

I've been working with the 10536.1004 on my lumia 925 for 2 days and I am very satisfied. I had a lot of issues with the previous build including not having the contacts app work. (I had to download a third party). It took a while to install the new update and I had to 'baby' the install (not to use the phone, keep it plugged in and check in on the update every few minutes). Once installed I had my contacts app working, the quiet hours and mobile wi-fi was also working which was broke in the previous build. The phone is much more responsive and I haven't had to restart it since the build was installed. (The previous build I was restarting once - twice daily). I haven't used all my apps but I haven't found any problems with the ones I use. My only complaint is that the battery appears to drain much faster.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

thanks a lot it worked for me. i was thinking of going back to wp8.1 because glance screen was very important for me.

i opened the glance app using sysapp pusher , it was already installed , so it asked me to restart the mobile. i did so. after that i had to again goto sysapp pusher and goto glance settings

but still its not available in system settings

im on lumia 820

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

If you rollback to 8.1, update from there and do not hard reset the phone, all "legacy" apps and settings stay on the phone. In case of settings, the old/not rewritten yet settings are available under Settings/Extras. Hard resetting the phone removes all that. I found that with 512 and 536 I did not have to hard reset the phone anymore and it still works fine.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

If you rollback to 8.1, update from there and do not hard reset the phone, all "legacy" apps and settings stay on the phone. In case of settings, the old/not rewritten yet settings are available under Settings/Extras. Hard resetting the phone removes all that. I found that with 512 and 536 I did not have to hard reset the phone anymore and it still works fine.

By legacy do you mean the Lumia apps? such as refocus and Lumia Camera?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

After initially appearing to be resolved, the start menu loading issue is back. I cannot use small tiles again.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm rolling back to 8.1. Installed 536, dirty flash and all settings were good. I had seen advice saying hard reset is best. Is it hell. Can even get weather on the lock screen!!!

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I upgraded my L520 to 10536.I had problems with the 80072f8f error going from 8.1 to 10.
Backup->Hard Reset->Restore, fixed it.
Upgrade from 8.1 directly to 10536.0004, with all the downloading and running gears, took about 3 hours. I left it overnight. It seems slow some places and faster others.This morning store had 17 apps waiting to update. Several errors loading. I noticed one of the apps to update store, so I let that one go first. The rest seemed better afterwards.
Get this, there is no browser now, I can’t find edge or IE. It looks like they included office apps in the upgrade. They were not there before.
Once all the apps updated, the phone is definitely faster than last 2 builds.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

By legacy do you mean the Lumia apps? such as refocus and Lumia Camera?
I just checked, I have Here Maps, Here Drive+, Lumia apps (Beamer, Camera, Cinemagraph, Creative Studio, Help, Storyteller). I don't have Refocus, probably because I did not install it in the first place. If you do not hard reset in W10, the OS will try to download all apps you already have installed in 8.1. If you hard reset, OS can only use apps registered in W10 image and Lumia apps are not there. The same with the missing settings like Glance Screen.

robdmau

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

I need big time help please!

I downloaded the 2 part update, 10514 and 10536. After the install I noticed that I was on 10536-1000, all the articles spoke about 10536-1004. I checked for updates and there was another one, 10536-1004. Installed it and things were stilt running fishy, so I did a phone reset. Ran a backup and performs the reset, it would not let me log into my account to pull up a back up. I skipped it, phones boots up with only a hand full of apps, main apps missing are the store and settings.

I tried to go into settings to reset my phone again and nope, it wont open. It asks me if I want to get the app, since I don't have the store installed, I can't do that either.

So I am really screwed, how do I fix this or do I just need to reset back to 8.1?

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site

The build won't install, keeps getting error 0x800705b4, it's been trying to load for almost 2 days
now. I see preparing to install 6% then see the Retry with the error code.:cry:

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

Using a Lumia 640 (LTE).

This build is still meh, but seems better than the previous 10512. I won?t go back to 8.1 though...

Issues I have:
- Battery seems to drain faster than before;
- Apps crashing from time to time...
- Lag/stuttering while pulling down the notification center is still quite noticeable.. not smooth at all..

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I had problems with my 928 (see earlier post) like Edge not opening, lagging start, fast battery drain.
I did a hard reset, wiping everything. I did not restore from backup but brought in the apps manually.
This build rocks! Edge works great, battery is great so far after one day. Start does not lag anymore. Daily driver worthy.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

I can't seem to download and add a new Ringtone on this build!? Tried the normal process as I have a favorite Ringtone that isn't included in the Win10 builds. I've always been able to download and add it, but I've tried 3 times from 3 different sites and the Ringtone is not being downloaded and installed as my Phone Ringtone? Any ideas how to get this to work?

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

This is my first Windows 10 build on my phone so I'm comparing to 8.1

Pros
  • Love the new dialer
  • Love the new maps app
  • Love the new calendar app
  • Love the new email app
  • Love the new settings app
  • Love the new browser
  • Love the new joystick on the keyboard
  • Everything looks prettier for some reason.
  • Transitions are much faster
  • Like the "Recently Added" apps list

Cons
  • Swipe keyboard no worky
  • Keyboard word suggestions won't download
  • The background image makes it harder to see the tiles, unless you set opacity high which looks ugly
  • Cortana is MIA
  • Can't seem to select entire words in inputs. Have to delete letters one at a time.
  • Small contact tile does not display name. Just blank tile.
  • Upgrade process broke my wifi and start screen. Had to do factory reset.

I'm sure most of my cons are bugs that will be fixed at some point. Overall I'm extremely excited about W10 Mobile.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I can't seem to download and add a new Ringtone on this build!? Tried the normal process as I have a favorite Ringtone that isn't included in the Win10 builds. I've always been able to download and add it, but I've tried 3 times from 3 different sites and the Ringtone is not being downloaded and installed as my Phone Ringtone? Any ideas how to get this to work?
There was an issue with an earlier update removing the ringtone genre from the file. The file genre must be ringtone for WP to see it. Try copying over from a PC.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

You can't do much without settings. Roll back to 8.1 and try again. From 8.1 you will upgrade to the latest build and at that point you will probably need to do a factory reset to make it work properly.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I am running the Latest Build 10536.1004 on My Lumia 830 on AT&T
I have many more issues with this build than the previous build 10512.
Camera Syncing to OneDrive is STILL not working..
The Tiles/ Display is much more sluggish. Adding tiles to home screen sometimes requires a reboot to see them.
Mail notification Icons take up to 4 seconds to clear .
when removing an app the Icon stays there till I reboot.
1 Positive thing, the Favorites are now showing up from my desktop Browser.. although it takes about 4 seconds for them to show up..
Overall not very good on my 830
Thanks, Dave .

Sounds like you need to do a factory reset. I had lots of annoying things like that when I first did the upgrade. After the factory reset all those problems went away.

The sync to onedrive feature, you may need to turn it off and back on and it should work.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

The build won't install, keeps getting error 0x800705b4, it's been trying to load for almost 2 days
now. I see preparing to install 6% then see the Retry with the error code.:cry:

That happened to me too. You need to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade from there. Rolling back is actually quite easy, there was a 'how to' article in Windows Central, look it up

• Swipe keyboard no worky
  • The background image makes it harder to see the tiles, unless you set opacity high which looks ugly

Swipe works, but not everywhere. I've noticed, it doesn't work in the store and in Edge, in the address field (but it does work withing webpages), it does also work in messages, search, settings.

The tile visibility really depends on the picture itselft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon