State of things, for me

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Have to say, I'm disappointed. 10536 took over 24 hours to install on my 920. Battery life is completely in the crapper, things seem a bit faster than before, but still nowhere as fast as 8.1. But at least we have universal apps, right? I bought and installed a game on my phone, then went to my PC, and nope. The PC has a separate build of the same game, I have to buy it twice. It's likely an 8.0 game before universal apps, but that's certainly not what user's are going to expect when they buy something in the store and realize it's not for all devices. We were promised a universal store, if that's only going to be true of apps going forward, then it's already missed.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not all apps are universal and buy-once-get-anywhere by default. The dev has to make it that way, you as a Developer should know that. It could get tricky because MS is advertising the Universal Windows Apps too much, and an average user won't know that it doesn't apply to all apps by default. As for Windows 10 - it's ok for a preview.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I know that's how it was developing for 8.1, I haven't done any WP dev in a while. Unity issues, long story. But all I had read from MS was that with windows 10 the store is universal. It was disappointing. He'll, even the W10 edition of Minecraft doesn't install on W10 mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes