Build 10536 is worse compared to 10512

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Icon here...........cannot wireless charge past 49% (which is a real problem considering my charging port is broken, the phone is under warranty, except Microsoft cannot replace it because they don't have them anymore, and they want to give me the HTC M9 and its crappy camera). There is also phantom touching, lag, Loading.........., at this point, im considering flashing back to 8.1. Its bordering on un-usable................the last build was great, it would give me Loading.....at any reboot, but it at least worked.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.

I did that first thing after updating my phone. But still, Facebook feed didn't appear in the people hub. So, now I am doing a hard reset! Lets see.

Broderjimmy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The new build works perfectly for me. However, I can't start up android apps installed to my device anymore?

When I installed the new build I wiped everything (think I even did it twice) and after I started it all up again I decided to re-install some android APK:s that I've been using on previous builds. Installing them works like a charm, but the apps crasch when I try to start them up again.

Does anyone else have problem with installed APK:s or is it just my device that is trying to prank me?

Best,

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The new build works perfectly for me. However, I can't start up android apps installed to my device anymore?

When I installed the new build I wiped everything (think I even did it twice) and after I started it all up again I decided to re-install some android APK:s that I've been using on previous builds. Installing them works like a charm, but the apps crasch when I try to start them up again.

Does anyone else have problem with installed APK:s or is it just my device that is trying to prank me?

Best,

As far as I am aware, there is a new version of apk installer that works with 10536. I don't have the link but you should probably find it on XDA. Hopefully, that should help you open these apks with latest build.

Broderjimmy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
As far as I am aware, there is a new version of apk installer that works with 10536. I don't have the link but you should probably find it on XDA. Hopefully, that should help you open these apks with latest build.
Thanks for the info! Good thing I was a heavy android user for years and know to some extent how to deal with matters like these ;)

Jimmy

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This. I think Microsoft is moving away from an integrated people hub out-of-box-experience and more toward app integration with the people hub. This is why both Twitter and Facebook import contacts into the people hub in Windows 10, rather than it being linked with your Microsoft account as it was before.

This is a smarter move. Say Facebook changes something. You need an OS update all of a sudden because people hub breaks. But if facebook updates the app, no changes to OS are required.

bijuant

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Yup , for me also build 10536 (on Lumia 1320) proving to be the worst. After upgrading from 8.1, it was slow, some aspects of settings were not working. So did reset and installed afresh. now the phone reboots by itself - till now 7 times while using edge / or in a call/ scrolling the outlook mail..... mobile hotspot works till the screen is on, the moment its blacks out hotspot is not functional

even our win central application takes a minute to open up and show the contents.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.

Is working after a hard reset. Thanks a lot.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This build has been pretty good for me. The lock screen still delays a little but is far less noticeable now. But the bigger problem is now some apps are unresponsive to touch besides the tilt animation when you tap on an app and refuse to launch at all. Some other apps only launch from the ap list like the Store app. Not too many more issues beyond that that I have discovered.

Windows 10 on the desktop does that too so it must be a shared code base. If you have any lateral motion on your touch the tile just moves. I'm surprised it's still a problem in Windows 10 desktop. It's a real PITA on a Surface 3. Little problems like this shouldn't still exist when they functioned so perfectly in 8.1.

I'm back on WP8.1 now and that's one of the things from WP10 that I don't miss.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 on the desktop does that too so it must be a shared code base. If you have any lateral motion on your touch the tile just moves. I'm surprised it's still a problem in Windows 10 desktop. It's a real PITA on a Surface 3. Little problems like this shouldn't still exist when they functioned so perfectly in 8.1.

I'm back on WP8.1 now and that's one of the things from WP10 that I don't miss.
I'm considering just going back to Windows Phone 8.1 myself. The only thing really holding me back from doing so is the fact that I only use the technical preview to see how the OS is shaping up on my old Lumia 920. I gotta tell you though, I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII on my Xperia Z3 with my PS3 controller and I'm finding it really hard to give up the phone "just because." I really want to see some great features come to Windows 10 Mobile.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm happier with this build than the previous. I have no problems but the poor battery performance even after a hard reset (around 20% per hour in a Lumia 920). Hopefully it is going to get better by the time the weekend hits but I'm still waiting.

I'm actually excited about what is going to come in W10M.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I gotta say, 10536 is working far better for me than the last build, and I didn't hard reset (yet). I installed the night it released and fell asleep while it was finishing up. I needed the phone first thing in the morning, and since it's been working so well, I haven't felt the need to reset. Battery life is better (for me), loading screens are almost gone (WindowsCentral app hangs up a lot tho).

Only bug that irks me at the moment is when checking the time on the lock screen, the screen doesn't fade out in 5-10 seconds like it used to. It stays on the lock screen for 3 minutes, which is my lock screen timeout setting. That doesn't merit a reset just yet IMO...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering just going back to Windows Phone 8.1 myself. The only thing really holding me back from doing so is the fact that I only use the technical preview to see how the OS is shaping up on my old Lumia 920. I gotta tell you though, I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII on my Xperia Z3 with my PS3 controller and I'm finding it really hard to give up the phone "just because." I really want to see some great features come to Windows 10 Mobile.

My biggest holdback is something rather simple. Notifications for individual people don't function. When the old people app coexisted on WP in earlier builds it still worked. I'm not sure if it was axed, overlooked or removed and never to return. Following that it's communication history. Both of which we lost to get round pictures that dance around the screen -- which is so much more important.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I was going to add some APKs myself, I'll have to go on XDA (I'm a past very high poster on there) and check it out. I hope there is better support, tons of apps had problems.

It would be epic if we had access to hardware..... Pebble time app for blue-tooth...Bank of America app so I can use the camera...would be epic...

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My biggest holdback is something rather simple. Notifications for individual people don't function. When the old people app coexisted on WP in earlier builds it still worked. I'm not sure if it was axed, overlooked or removed and never to return. Following that it's communication history. Both of which we lost to get round pictures that dance around the screen -- which is so much more important.
Yes I really strongly dislike the new People Hub and general layout. And I hate waiting for old features even we as Windows Phone users had years ago to be readded. Microsoft has tried to do so many big things that they have lost all the small personal touches. I can't believe they don't have Artist picture showing on lock screen option working yet.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
There has been lots of issue in Lumia 620 even after hard reset in this build.
1. windows camera crashes a lot after taking a picture
2. photo app live tile stops working
3. not all facebook contact shows up in people hub
4. still can't download english (us) keyboard
5. facebook messenger crash causes phone to reboot
6. can't select photos from viber and facebook messenger
7. start up of messaging and phone is sooo slow its kinda irritating
8. keeps getting notification of same unread email every 30 minutes from outlook mail (maybe today's update had fixed it)
9. lockscreen delay is still there

masgoendoel

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've installed build 536 on my 720 but it runs worse compared to 512.. 512 was very smooth..pinning tile from app drawer does not work(pins after sometime),apps take time to load.. I dont find any improvements over 512.. Is it just me or everybody's having this issue?
i think 536 is better than 512 i use lumia 822 but batre drain faster than 512

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I thought my battery would be okay but it's not. It's draining at about 5% per hour on no use when previously on 10512 and W8.1 it would be close to 1% per hour.

I want to go back to 8.1 and start over but I've hit a problem

Windows Phone Recovery tool had an update which I have ti install. But it couldn't install due to error 0x80091007 hash error. I found a solution online to install Nokia Software Updater 4.3.2. But now the WPRT starts installing but does not progress. It won't complete installation

How can I solve the WPRT installation problem?

Or how can I roll back to 8.1 without using recovery tool?

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon