Installing Apps From Card, From Previous Installs

roystreet

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
OK, here's my question...I'm planning installing Windows 10 on my Lumia 1520. There is little room left on my phone & thus I have a lot of apps installed on my SD card. When I install windows 10, do I have to download all of the apps again or can i use the apps already installed on my SD card?

My question can also apply to putting the SD card in a new phone (I plan on getting the 950XL) can I "pull over" those installs since I will be keeping the card in the 950XL as my daily driver?

My guess is you can't do either :straight:, but maybe you can - But the most important question is the one concerning the 950 b/c I'll probably do a fresh install on my 1520 as a back or to sell/give away to family.

Thanks for any help.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
When I install windows 10, do I have to download all of the apps again or can i use the apps already installed on my SD card?
You'll have to download all the apps again

My question can also apply to putting the SD card in a new phone (I plan on getting the 950XL) can I "pull over" those installs since I will be keeping the card in the 950XL as my daily driver?
You'll have to download all the apps again

But the most important question is the one concerning the 950 b/c I'll probably do a fresh install on my 1520 as a back or to sell/give away to family.
If you are selling it to anyone outside the family then its better to let the new seller handle the installs since those installs would be tied to your MS account. Secondly if you are going to hand it over to someone within the family then it would be advisable to create a new MS account for them and also assist them in getting the phone setup (in case they can't figure it out on their own)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar