10-21-2015 07:48 AM
701 ... 23456 ...
tools
    3 hours in and I have had no issues. Fixed the preview for my mailbox as it wouldn't utilize the live tile.

Everything feels snappier, apps don't glitch nearly as much opening and I haven't experienced any freezes yet. Battery life still needs optimizing and I'm hoping that is going to be a big focus soon.

Using an HTC One M8.
    can you lock/unlock with double tap? i can't... with the previous build i was capable to at least lock with double tap
    vladimirhr98 likes this.
    10-15-2015 05:24 AM
    For 1020 users: Just make sure that you DO NOT hard reset after installing the preview and try to recover an old backup. That will wipe the Lumia Camera off and it cannot be reinstalled. I did exactly that mistake and I am now reworking my way up to the preview, slowly.

BTW, did you otherwise build the 1020 from scratch in the preview or just updated an existing setup?
    Thank you for this, you saved me a lot of time on this
    10-15-2015 05:30 AM
    and no issues with downloading apps.
    I respectfully disagree!!

WesleyBPeres likes this.
    10-15-2015 05:36 AM
    So, here's my full list of bugs and feedback for improving Windows 10 Mobile starting from Build 10549 (I'm testing it on a Lumia 920)

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10549 - BUGS AND FEEDBACK LIST

UPGRADE NIGHTMARE:
    • Only way to upgrade was to downgrade from 10536 to 8.1 Cyan via WDRT Desktop app, then upgrade 8.1 Cyan to Denim, then 8.1 Denim to 10549. It took literally HOURS, and it went wrong too;
    • Upgrading from WP8.1->WP8.1/Denim->WP10549 goes wrong: apps were missing, wrong apps texts on App List, Internet Explorer instead of Edge, Settings and many apps won't open. The only workaround was to shut down the phone, and doing a further Hard Reset via Power and Volume keys. Then 10549 was finally installed correctly (another hour wasted);
    • After reinstalling Windows Insider app, and re-enrolled to Fast Ring: another upgrade with "Fast configuration update" was triggered, so ANOTHER HOUR WASTED;
    • PLEASE IMPROVE UPGRADE EXPERIENCE: Both from WP8.1 -> W10M, and from Old W10M build -> to new W10M. Always doing Hard Reset after an upgrade is NOT acceptable.

HARD RESET + NO BACKUP = PERSISTENT PROBLEMS:
    • Some Store apps fail to update/install on first try (they gave an "Error"). I had to retry at least 5 times, and than they were updated/installed successfully;
    • Settings pane crashes when trying to change Action Center triggers;
    • New Messages app and Skype Video have bugged label on Settings->Phone and Settings->Messages (when selecting default text and video apps);
    • Groove Music stops playing music when other media content is loaded in the player (like it should be)...but then can't be resumed from the same time/seconds returning to Groove app;
    • Camera App: swipe from left to right to smoothly load Camera Roll photos is missing. A downgrade compared to stock 8.1 Camera App;
    • Many animations are missing: for example opening Edge "Hubs" button, Edge "Tabs" button does not trigger any animation, and the next menu just appears like Windows 95. It happens many times with many OS menus, very ugly and a regression compared to WP8.1 smooth transitions;
    • Action Center needs blur/transparency like Windows 10 Desktop;
    • Edge ABSOLUTELY needs an AdBlocker or TPLs (Tracking Protection Lists) support. Both on Phone and PC. See new iOS9 Beta native ad-blocking features. It's night and day browsing after that;
    • Edge doesn't have "Google" search engine option instead of Bing;
    • Live Tiles sometime flickers and/or not update themselves;
    • Swiping down the Action Center still has some lag/delay before it shows itself, at least the first time after boot;
    • Calendar Live Tile doesn't update itself;
    • Messages app is a bit slow to open;
    • New Outlook app could be even faster to open;
    • LinkedIn is no more integrated in People App.
    • Performance is SO MUCH BETTER than 10536 on Lumia 920, I would say almost close to 8.1.2 . Very good improvements after all, but it could be even better (some "Loading/Resuming" screen still appears);
    • Battery drain is still much worse than WP8.1. More Optimization needed.

A solid improvement from 10536 anyway.
    Great list . Be sure to see w @gabeaul
    10-15-2015 05:37 AM
    The messaging app now shows profile picture on the left side of the screen, clicking each will make you jump from conversation to other. ! nice
    10-15-2015 06:05 AM
    For me lumia camera app is still not accessible.Any tricks to get it back?
    Attachment 114399
    You have to rollback to Windows Phone 8.1, install Lumia Camera, jump onto Windows 10 Mobile and then do not do a hard reset. It's only available for Lumia 1020's I believe.
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:32 AM
    The messaging app now shows profile picture on the left side of the screen, clicking each will make you jump from conversation to other. ! nice
    That was an update for the Messaging application right before this build was released. It also introduced search and Skype integration.
    a5cent likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:33 AM
    Do you get here drive transit and here maps maps in this install
    10-15-2015 06:38 AM
    Don't know for Transit but Maps and Drive are available for me on L640.
    10-15-2015 06:53 AM
    ya mine too
    10-15-2015 06:58 AM
    Hey man, I have this issue where my Lumia is stuck at "Almost done". This was after I upgraded to the latest build and then did a hard reset to do a clean install. No matter how many times I hit the Next button, it just doesn't take me to the next step.
    10-15-2015 07:13 AM
    can you lock/unlock with double tap? i can't... with the previous build i was capable to at least lock with double tap

I am able to double tap lock on the navigation bar once I enabled it. I can't double tap unlock on the HTC, I think it's Lumia specific or I'm missing an option somewhere.
    10-15-2015 07:16 AM
    You have to rollback to Windows Phone 8.1, install Lumia Camera, jump onto Windows 10 Mobile and then do not do a hard reset. It's only available for Lumia 1020's I believe.
    I performed a hard reset.I got Lumia Camera back..I can see film & TV app in the app list...awesome...and so far I would say battery drain is less compared to previous build.In 10536 my phone will die in hours if I use the mobile data.In this build 10549 am on 3G..playing it from morning..9AM..now it is 6PM..Still battery is at 40% and shows 14 Hours remaining.Thats good.
    Lets see what happens if I install some more apps.
    920Walker likes this.
    10-15-2015 07:22 AM
    updated my Icon from Denim... Wifi Networking will not allow me to turn on Wifi (Can't do tis right now.. try again in a little while)

I've tried to turn on I both settings and from the main screen drop down....
    10-15-2015 07:23 AM
    When at the beginning it starts downloading all these apps what you have to do is pause all and do one at a time(store last). This is only right after the main update. Once things are updated, including store app and you have restarted a few times (you need to go to extras >glance, motion) and restart after both times. And once again do store updates and once you're in the clear you can download all you want. I downloaded over 28 apps/games from my library after that.

Anyways this is so much faster and more responsive, not getting crashes yet. Line Cubeheroes would reboot my unit when trying to play it in the past, so far it's been working good. Still get resuming in scenarios where i'm in a game and go to something else but it's quick. And since games eat up memory it's probably not easily avoidable.

Overall I played with it for a few hours last night and this morning and so far i'm super happy with this build. Let's hope it doesn't slow down over time *fingers crossed*
    10-15-2015 07:23 AM
    I am able to double tap lock on the navigation bar once I enabled it. I can't double tap unlock on the HTC, I think it's Lumia specific or I'm missing an option somewhere.
    Firmware update needed..I guess
    10-15-2015 07:24 AM
    Let's hope it doesn't slow down over time *fingers crossed*
    yea.I also hope the same.Even Gabe has addressed this issue stating that it is very hard to debug this "degrade over time" issue.
    Krystianpants likes this.
    10-15-2015 07:28 AM
    Is anyone having restore contact and messages issue ? I can't restore here
    10-15-2015 07:31 AM
    There is this amazing size scaling feature in the settings which gave my 735 the multitask menu for phablets and 5 icons in the action centre when it's not expanded. I can even get the option to show more tiles so that each row can be filled by 4 medium sized tiles. It's really cool.
    Has anybody cheked the settings in landscape mode after scaling the size to 150%..Its two rowed..awesome..Y can't they make it happen in normal size also.
    Last edited by Mathew K Jose; 10-15-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    vladimirhr98 likes this.
    10-15-2015 07:45 AM
    this is amaaaaazing... i feel like i have new phone. the text is more crisp

what size did you use?

i set my 930 on the lost, i think 200%.

update: my 930 just got waaaay more faster after i did this.
    Are you talking about "size if text, apps and items on this dispay" setting under Display? I have 930 also, but I cant get it lower than 225%.
    10-15-2015 07:56 AM
    Are you talking about "size if text, apps and items on this dispay" setting under Display? I have 930 also, but I cant get it lower than 225%.
    U have to move the slider and restart the phone.There are four levels namely 150%,175%,200& and 225%.
    If u still cant,go for a hard reset.I got all default apps after a hard reset without any data connection.(Including Lumia Camera,Keek--which I removed from 8.1 itself).I don't know how..mystery
    10-15-2015 08:07 AM
    I have 225, 250 and 300% (default) options on the slider.

I did hard reset.

motion data unable to update, error 0x803F8001, also lumia storyteller, lumia beamer and microsoft photos plug-in, unable to update all these apps.
    10-15-2015 08:09 AM
    I played with the latest build on my 640 LTE. Within an hour I was back on 8.1

What I liked:

• It's becoming a more complete OS with each build. Smoother, faster, more responsive.
    • Still locks up and freezes in places, as to be expected with a pre-release/beta/alpha/whatever build, but they are confined to specific areas rather than all over.
    • The Windows 10 look is nice. It makes your device feel more modern, even if it pales by comparison to the upcoming 950/950 XL.

What I didn't like:
    • The OS defaulted to an orange accent color on my 640. It's a bit jarring when you are used to the default tones or the accent you selected in 8.1.
    • Loading and resuming still present in this build. It's not better, it's not worse. It's just there.
    • Camera on Windows 10 is slower in my opinion. My phone responds faster in 8.1
    • Still experience fonts on applications shifting between large and small based on orientation and whether navigation bar is hidden. Just pick a size!
    • Phone would freeze during an inbound call and I couldn't multi-task. The only thing I could do was turn the screen on and off, and even that only worked 50% of the time.
    • My system sounds defaulted after updating to 9/10 on calls (I use 5) and 25/30 on media. Phone rang loudly the first time and took me by surprise.

These will get better in time. I'm sure of it. I've seen the progress but Microsoft has a lot of fine-tuning left to go. I voluntarily left the Insider program and reverted both my PC and Windows Phone to 8.1. For now both my home computer and mobile device run better on 8.1 than they do on 10. I would like to think after 20+ years of owning and operating computers, PDA's, and smartphones that I could properly install an OS and not bork it along the way. I don't think it's user error, nor do I think my hardware could use some upgrading. But, that's the great thing about having choice in the marketplace. I don't have to upgrade to Windows 10 if I don't want to. Eventually, sure, I will probably need to if not want to. But for now I can use what works and let people with far more time to tinker with and complain about Insider builds to do the dirty work for me. I'll choose to live vicariously through them, wishing I had that kind of time to log issues and submit feedback. I simply don't, and to effectively use this program you have to participate in order for it to become better.
    10-15-2015 08:12 AM
    My only gripe thus far is my missing Movies & TV icon. It happens for me too.
    Go for a hard reset.You will get Film & TV app back in the all apps list.And the store icon moving to a corner is a scaling issue.I had it when I change my scaling to 150%.Put it back to default 200 % and it is back in center.
    10-15-2015 08:13 AM
    Yah I went to the lowest level on my 830 and it looks really nice. More tiles per screen, extra action bar item! Loving it!
    10-15-2015 08:15 AM
701 ... 23456 ...