Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble uploading their photos to onedrive from their phone. Even though it's set to automatic it doesn't upload. I have tried manually selecting photos and telling it to share to a folder on OneDrive. It tries to upload them but returns to the photo app screen.

This has been a constant issue for many (if not all).

Normally, they will automatically upload, but it may take a few hours.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I went straight to build 10549 from 8.1 denim. After 4 hours updating, installing, restarting, et voila! It looked really nice, felt great, the loading wasn't there at all, lumia camera was there, and I kinda thought that maybe I was lucky enough to get everything worked out really well until I realised that my L1020 wasn't able to connect to any wifi nor was it to any cellular data. I knew from this forum that if I did hard reset, I would lose my lumia camera feature. :( anyway, I did hard reset. The data and wifi are working now, the performance is a bit less smooth than it was at first, but I'd say I could use this build as my daily driver. I'm using proshot app as to replace lumia camera in terms of taking photos.

Strange you had such an issue. like you i updated from my daily driver L1020 running 8.1 denim . this preview build works like a charm. connects to cellular data and wifi and din have to hard reset as well ( there is no way m sacrificing lumia camera app anymore :p )

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
is hotsport working stable in this build? for me it works but after a minute I have to restart it because connection is lost and the laptop wont reconnect. maybe it has to do with background task or battery saving?

Mine is working fine. Been on this build for a few hours now, my MS account won't connect to the phone 😐

RiptideLA

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem. You need to take it back to 8.1 using the purpose-built app from Microsoft oh your PC, then download the Windows Insider app, them download updates (to get W10M).

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
To load build 10536 the phone needed a hard reset, go back to Windows 8.1, then download the
the build. Now for this new build, the phone needs a hard reset, got to Windows 8.1, then load
the new build. I'm wondering if the next build load will have to go through hard reset, windows 8.1,
then load the new build. I'm thinking of leaving Windows 8.1 on the phone, wait for the next
build, then load it. My Wi-Fi isn't fast, so just getting to Windows 8.1 takes a few hours, I would
rather save the time it takes to get to 8.1, and just load the next build.

mariachris

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Strange you had such an issue. like you i updated from my daily driver L1020 running 8.1 denim . this preview build works like a charm. connects to cellular data and wifi and din have to hard reset as well ( there is no way m sacrificing lumia camera app anymore :p )

I know it's strange, and I can see the reason why you're not sacrificing lumia camera app. :) I tried playing with it a couple of times and true it seemed faster than the lumia camera in 8.1 denim. Nonetheless, I cannot wait for hours and hours just to get it back and risk more since I don't have excellent wifi at my home. One thing is also strange, I cannot swap the "Rotation Lock" notification center to any other options. It'd keep getting forced close. Do you have any idea why it happens? The other three are fine, I can swap them all right.

WanZ_92

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I try on my lumia 920 after flash to 8.1 then update to 10549 .its getting better then last build .i use as a daily driver and what i can say its good then last one .battery seem okay then last build maybe because my region doesnt have cortana yet .so for me its getting better and fast :)

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I use it as a DD in my 830, until now, now problems... i follow these steps: downgrade to 8.1, update to 10549, then i reset my device...btw, Cortana is deactivated in my device ;)

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
This may not be related but when will Windows 10 be released on Microsoft Lumia 640 xl??? Any information on its release on any device other than the 950?

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I remember being a Windows 10 insider on lumia 521, it was fun at first until i started to face some serious issues, then couples day after my phone died, totally unresponsive. I learn from that experience, I will not be an insider, I will wait until its officially released. Its safe that way to me

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I use it as a DD in my 830, until now, now problems... i follow these steps: downgrade to 8.1, update to 10549, then i reset my device...btw, Cortana is deactivated in my device ;)

I remember being a Windows 10 insider on lumia 521, it was fun at first until i started to face some serious issues, then couples day after my phone died, totally unresponsive. I learn from that experience, I will not be an insider, I will wait until its officially released. Its safe that way to me

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Canada now has VCR,s and most have ridden of their rotary phones. Why can't we have Cortana?
Other than that the new build is snappier more stable on my little Lumia 435.
The rollback to 8.1 was breath taking literally but made it just fine but first opened to something looking like prehistoric till I smoothed out the color orange.
Some store apps update, some don't.
No big issues here. Use my phone as my daily driver.
Was happy to see the regular messaging app come back rather than the Skype one.
Microsoft will have an awesome mobile phone shortly.

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Battery: In standby, battery drain is what I'd expect and the same as 8.1. All my normal apps are installed and running. In use, however, the battery is using around 40-50% more. Guessing battery usage will be one of the last things nailed down, though.

I totally agree! Battery seems very good in standby (just like 8.1), but once I use the phone, it heats up a bit and the battery percentage starts dropping quickly. Am rolling back to 8.1 right now...
(on L930)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Put it on my 1320. It took many times longer to install, than I used it for. I have to admit it is way ahead of the 'crayon drawn' 8.1 themes and colours. My 1320 got quite warm, and always show the 10536 resuming.

I'll give it another go if I can, but failing that, there should be another one this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon