12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Absolutely TERRIBLE.

Installed, got a dead black screen afterward with no indication whatsoever that anything was happening. I basically sighed, not being surprised at Microsoft's reliably s**tty quality control and searched the forums. Found Windows Phone Recovery Tool and initiated the download....

THEN THE PHONE BOOTS.

WiFi doesn't turn on at all, but text messaging, Slack Messaging, Phone calls and voicemail seem to work fine.

Internet browser borked. And I refuse to use all my Mobile Plan Data to download any of the apps, that's just not happening.

I'm scared to Reboot basically because all I get is a black screen and no guarantee that after 5 or so minutes that the phone will boot! I can't even make a backup!

Honestly this doesn't even happen with Beta iOS builds or dare I say it Beta Android builds. Useless.....

I'll stick it out a bit longer but I'm ordering an iPhone asap.
    10-26-2015 08:23 AM
    I think lumia 1520 users are the most satisfied with this build as it has solved a lot of problems for them. I used to read a lot of negative comments when it was about lumia 1520 and an y build but now they are almost okay
    10-26-2015 08:23 AM
    I think lumia 1520 users are the most satisfied with this build as it has solved a lot of problems for them. I used to read a lot of negative comments when it was about lumia 1520 and an y build but now they are almost okay
    Finally put it on my wife's 1520 and a lot of problems with those system apps like "Motion Data" and "Glance Screen" not wanting to update...she doesn't want GLANCE and can't turn it off due to the Glance Screen app not completing the update...
    10-26-2015 08:26 AM
    Not as bad as cocotutch flames, but what exactly are you talking about? For a preview it is OK, but as I stated a daily driver only for enthusiasts with all the problems that definitely appear.
    10-26-2015 08:27 AM
    Have been running on My Lumia 1020 since released. Comments below:
    Installation:
    - Went well but did have to sit on a black screen for about 10 minutes after the final update/gears to 10572. Just wait it out and it will load up eventually.
    General Use:
    - This build on my device is an absolute gem. I think it works just as well as the latest 8.1 build. I think I'm actually seeing less loading and resuming screens than ever before.
    Issues;
    - The only issue that has me down at this point is the notifications. Toast notifications seem to be working great but both Whatsapp and Messaging apps no longer update their live tile...which is infuriating. This must be fixed in 10575.
    10-26-2015 08:32 AM
    So after a hard reset, things are much much better. Even battery life, which I thought was amazing (comparatively) beforehand is even better! With other W10m builds I would be at 60% battery at this time of day. Currently sitting at 92%! That's crazy!
    10-26-2015 08:36 AM
    Not as bad as cocotutch flames, but what exactly are you talking about? For a preview it is OK, but as I stated a daily driver only for enthusiasts with all the problems that definitely appear.
    I have been using it on my daily driver since it came out. Only minor issues I have encountered are flickering in camera app- switched to Lumia and that's fine, and the very occasional stutter going back to home screen. I appreciate your experience may not be the same but you state your views as fact rather than opinion. In my OPINION it's a lot more than OK given what it is. It was a huge leap forward in many respects but most importantly it's the first time a build has got a similar level of smoothness to 8.1 and it's the first one I have continued to use happily. For preview software it's pretty damn good and bodes well.
    10-26-2015 08:46 AM
    I appreciate your experience may not be the same but you state your views as fact rather than opinion.
    No, my view is that it is not yet a daily driver for everyone, based on the fact that I experience a lot of bugs. I would just like to point this out as one could get the illusion that the next build is RTM when reading the posts here.

It was a huge leap forward in many respects but most importantly it's the first time a build has got a similar level of smoothness to 8.1 and it's the first one I have continued to use happily.
    I totally agree, but smoothness isn't all.

For preview software it's pretty damn good and bodes well.
    That's what I said.
    10-26-2015 08:58 AM
    On my ICON, I noticed that Lumia Camera doesn't record video...at all...even after another reset. It just beeps like it is but never records.
    10-26-2015 08:59 AM
    It's been working well enough for me on my 1520. This is my first Windows 10 preview coming from 8.1, and I didn't do a reset of any type. This is what I noticed:
    • Battery life is about equal to what it was in 8.1
    • Most apps are fast and fluid
    • Edge seems faster than IE in 8.1
    • I can't toggle the switch to synchronize favorites
    • Edge crashes or becomes unresponsive from time to time
    • The messaging app is sometimes slow displaying incoming or outgoing messages
    • I can't scroll through my photos when attempting to attach a photo from within the messaging app
    • My phone has rebooted 3 times in 5 days due to a crash of some sort
    • The lock screen is typically fast, but sometimes will be slow to unlock
    • When typing in a user into a new text message, the app shows the same contact with the same phone number multiple times if the phone number is formatted differently in different contacts even if they are linked (e.g. skype vs facebook vs email all for the same person)
    10-26-2015 09:04 AM
    I love what i can do with lumia 930 camera and sight 360. This was a major issue for me so i decide to downgrade to windows 8.1 for now!
    Beside this, everything works just grate!
    10-26-2015 09:52 AM
    640 XL Dual Sim:
    -Came from 8.1 and previous Build
    After several soft/hard resets combos:
    -pictures showed on the people medium Tile
    -battery got better
    -could run 6tag and Twitter
    -Text pixelation solved
    -several app icons appeared on the app list
    -camera starts waaaaay faster
    Issues (personally, most relevant):
    -Stuttering when going to Start screen
    -Flickering when sliding Start screen
    -Proximity sensor doesn't work during calls (Glance screen problems, also come to mind...)
    -Some apps won't show notifications on lock screen
    -Flickering during screen awakening
    -Contact pictures wont show on pinned Groups' Tiles
    Other than that, really liking the general adjustments. Very nice.

Off topic, but never tired of asking this: When trying to Pin (anything), there should be a Top/Bottom option for doing so. My vision:
    1-arrange-1.png
    10-26-2015 09:52 AM
    Help me, Edge discovered Yahoo as a search engine but I can't discover Google
    Did you go to Google within Edge? It should be there afterwards. (I use Duckduckgo)
    10-26-2015 09:54 AM
    Yes.. working perfectly on 630 dual sim. Edge is more stable however still crash sometimes
    10-26-2015 10:10 AM
    It's smooth but it does crash in some places
    10-26-2015 10:29 AM
    Do you know if HTC dot view is working with this new version?
    Regards,
    Roberto
    10-26-2015 11:12 AM
    Wow, hours after posting suddenly my photos tile sprang back to life. All pics show up again. Must have been today's update that did it.
    Update: nope.. I had temporarily set Storage to save new photos to the SD card (where I have tons of older pics as well). With that setting on, the photos app indexed all photos on the SD card.

But: after switching Storage to putting new pics on the phone instead the SD card pics were removed from the index again. In fact, I was looking at the photos app while they were being removed/unlisted. The numbers of photos per day rapidly counted down until all pics from the SD card had been removed from the index. Kind of depressing to see. :(
    10-26-2015 11:23 AM
    UPDATE: Tried out the Groove Music thru the bluetooth in the car yesterday. A lot a hiccups in the playback. Had to revert to my 640 dd.
    10-26-2015 11:24 AM
    It drains the battery very quickly like previous builds on my lumia 640. perfomance is ok. The OS looks beautiful on my phone
    10-26-2015 11:41 AM
    In general it works better than other releases.

However, I was displeased to find that Video - at any setting - is not working on my Lumia 930. Right now it's not a dealbreaker, but there are some events where I clear my phone and then shoot very high res 4KV and upload and also extract stills using Lumia Moments. This is an extremely useful function that I am missing - and hope MS restores soon.
    10-26-2015 11:54 AM
    On my L830 after a few hours of use and testing. Fully reset after install.

Video is working on Microsoft Camera (with audio) but broken on Lumia Camera. It doesn't record at all.

Motion Data is broken. Crashes when trying to open the setting. There is also an update that keeps failing in the store for this.

Glance Screen setting is broken. Crashes when trying to open.

I'm also seeing a very strange issue with the display. Intermittently, for a brief second, the screen flashes black then returns to normal.

Microsoft Photo Plug-In continuously updates itself every time I check for updates. Even though it does so successfully according to the install message.

Performance seems good. Phone is not running hot. Need to see how the battery life performs.
    I was having the same issues on my 830 with glance and motion data. You need to re-enroll in the Fast Ring so you get the Insider update. After it installs and you try and access glance, it will tell you to re-start the phone. After re-starting both glance and motion data work for me.

These were the last 2 big remaining issues for me. This build is now working great and I am using it as my daily driver.
    10-26-2015 11:59 AM
    Just curious, did you experience any issue with this build seeing your SD card? I have a 635 as well and had issues with the SD card being found. I'm wondering if this is device related or just my bad luck. Lol.
    Not really; at first it was slow about finding new music I added but even this is better now..

My big gripe now is finding out I can't shoot any video on the Lumia 930 (haven't tried with Lab Rat yet)
    celticmagick likes this.
    10-26-2015 12:39 PM
    Why wont microsoft release new builds through recovery tool. It takes literally 1min to get 8.1 installed. I would imagine it would take 1min to install new build too.
    RIGHT?! I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SO MANY TIMES!
    10-26-2015 01:01 PM
    Performance is good. Whatsapp is bugged, Microsoft Camera is bugged, and some other minor bugs. Most bugs I expirienced in this build are scaling bugs
    10-26-2015 01:12 PM
    I really like the look & flow for this build. I have a problem though once I installed this build, it started continually sending me emails stating various calendar events had been updated. They haven't been updated - Like birthdays & such stay on the same date, etc. It only happens to the calendar my wife & I share on outlook.com. When I was using windows 8.1 on my phone, her & I never had this problem. I own the calendar, so it would send me an email when something was updated. But that was ONLY when it was updated. I've had over 6000 emails - All go to trash right now stating various events have been updated. Anyone have this happen to you? Now she gets them as well as I do...Continually
    10-26-2015 01:20 PM
974 ... 3233343536 ...