Photos editing not working - did Mr. gabe mean that instead of sharing not working?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've noticed a serious problem with photos app. I've tried editing photos by selecting through the photos app and some apps just crash while others give errors.

For example, if I select lumia creative studio, I'll get an error box saying "Something went wrong Your edit was not applied. Try applying the edit again or exit Creative Studio and reopen it"

I've tried tiny planets pro, fantasia and pic sketch. None work.

The editing apps work if I open them and select from within the editing app. But selecting photos from photos app for editing will not work

Gabe said this: Photos cannot be selected for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc.

I think he meant they can't be edited

Is anyone having the same issue as I?

Lumia 1020

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
What Gabe meant:

Open Facebook Messenger, tap the "Send a Picture" button.
Do you see images from your Camera Roll or Screenshots folder there?
Don't think so. Even images from other folders don't always show up.
Screenshots were broken until 10549.4 came, and now they are broken again.
But the Camera Roll issue is new.

The editing issue is related to this as well; I am assuming it is related to how the phone handles Libraries, because the file picker itself works fine.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've noticed a serious problem with photos app. I've tried editing photos by selecting through the photos app and some apps just crash while others give errors.

For example, if I select lumia creative studio, I'll get an error box saying "Something went wrong Your edit was not applied. Try applying the edit again or exit Creative Studio and reopen it"

I've tried tiny planets pro, fantasia and pic sketch. None work.

The editing apps work if I open them and select from within the editing app. But selecting photos from photos app for editing will not work

Gabe said this: Photos cannot be selected for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc.

I think he meant they can't be edited

Is anyone having the same issue as I?

Lumia 1020

Yes. Impossible saving pics from edge till now too, same as sharing. That was Abe's warning

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a list of hundreds of photos to edit and share, guess I'll wait until a better build comes out which I can use both Lumia camera and editing apps

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Sharing doesn't work from photos app to messaging, but you can grab a photo from messaging using the "add photo" tool inside the messaging app.

However, I can't find any way to send a photo using the facebook messenger app. Sharing from photos app to fb messenger obviously doesn't work, but it looks like the fb messenger tool for "adding photo" also doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077