10572 First Impressions

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Last night I was bored, so I updated my Insider device to Build 10572. I got up this morning, set it up, and started playing with it. At first, I wasn't impressed. The Store was slow and crashed two or three times. The All Apps list completely froze twice in a row, requiring me to remove the battery from my phone and restarting. However, after the All Apps list actually worked, I started uninstalling the unnecessary AT&T gunk, and I realized just how fast the context menus are. Holding down on an app and hitting uninstall was incredibly fast. It actually uninstalled immediately instead of sitting there for five minutes until I have to hit uninstall on it...again. Then I realized that the Start Screen had been loading much faster than Build 10549. That apps were loading a little fast. That navigation made things phase out of existence less often. Tiles weren't flashing, apps weren't temporarily disappearing from the All Apps list, navigating to Task View didn't result in a second-long flash of black. It seems more complete than Build 10549, although it's still not perfect. Things still crash too much.
I'm enjoying this Build.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
When u first install it things crash because u have all the apps installing and downloading and syncing ur texts in the background once all that settles down everything works smooth. I recommend disabling automatic app updates in the store helps alot

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
When u first install it things crash because u have all the apps installing and downloading and syncing ur texts in the background once all that settles down everything works smooth. I recommend disabling automatic app updates in the store helps alot
Ah, this was after all the apps had installed. I let everything quiet down before I do anything with the phone.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Ah, this was after all the apps had installed. I let everything quiet down before I do anything with the phone.

Strange I haven't had any major issues with my phone apps aren't crashing or anything on my 640 only thing I'm noticing is visual voicemail not working and my device back up still isn't working which never worked since the beginning of the developer previews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon