Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Last night I decided to just go ahead and get it done for my 640; up to now, it was only on my failing 925. I didn't do a hard reset, just the updates and left the phone alone to do its thing and I gotta say....it was a totally smooth and problem free upgrade! Everything is in place and working great, I am so pleased.

Last edited:

renatos

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Do you suggest doing a Hard Reset? Lumia 730 owner here. I ' m just too lazy to reconfigure everything from the beginning , plus I don't want to lose all my wifi passwords that are already saved on the phone.

Thanks

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah those 2 last builds bring the OS from the bumpy back roads to the decent boulevard and heading straight to the RTM highway!
Still some bugs here and there but overall it is smooth sailing on a 730!
I've got to say that the transition from the lockscreen to your start/opened app is the best thus far..

I'll be this guy who is not satisfied by the overall battery life..
Don't get me wrong the battery life is close to 1:1 with WP8.1 for your average use,
but I see bigger consumption while doing simple tasks throughout the OS.
Also sometimes the battery percentage doesn't go down at all and after locking it and checking for example just the time and a mail,
it could go easily 2-6% down.
But the most weird part is when you are watching videos (perfect tube, tubcast, etc) the drop is way less than on WP8.1 .
It can last 15-16 hours with regular usage but it is not like on WP8.1 where you knew that no matter what, It could last for 20+ hours..

Having said that, it still is a huge improvement from build 10549 and slightly better than 10572!
And also the ''core'' apps are opening in 2 seconds or less on the cr*ppy SD400 which is looking as good as it would be.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520.
- At first apps took longer to open than on 10572 but after a while Build 10581 got comfortable enough and apps started loading as fast as in Daniel Rubino's video review.
- Hey Cortana is now working but I am unable to train her.
- Those worried about the SD card issue can rest knowing the files in the SD card can still be accessed via File Explorer app.
- I haven't been able to test out battery life improvements. Will get back tomorrow on that.

knuthakon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
14 hours on mine.......haven't gotten a single message to restore, don't know what's up with that.....really irritated about it.

Had that same thing happe to me after a hard reset on 10572. Went back to 8.1, and upgraded to 10582. Heard people sucsessfully restore messages after hard reset, if you choose not to restore phone form previous back up, but instead start it "fresh". In fear of having it happen again, I think I'm staying here until a fix is available.

Kris Muylaert

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Everything is working very fine, except I'm still missing text messages.
Aparently the messages are on the phone, but the app seems not to show them.

Reason I think they are on the phone is: with the 'Contact+message backup' app, the number of messages backed up is way higher the number of messages showing in the app.
Anyone who can tell me how the reload all messages in the app?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Nope, after some seconds the app is suspended so it has nothing to do with multitasking. The app stops running but its image is kept in memory. Resuming from memory if you switch back to it is much faster (unless the developer put some logics in resuming code). On the other hand if the system needs memory for an app you are using it will unload the oldest suspended image from memory.

This is not Android, you do not need to manage resources :) From how you write you think about windows desktop or android, this is different.

And about "destroying my task view", apps are ordered by the OS by most recently used if I'm correct so your mostly used apps will always be on top.

I get what you are trying to say and I agree that resources are handled very efficiently by this OS. However, writing from the programmer's point of view, this is obviously still a task for the OS that costs resources - memory and more important: battery - unless it is completely magical. So it would be even more efficient if an app that is definitely not needed anymore would simply be unloaded. I could signalize this wish to the OS by using the back button and signalize that I am still using the app in the near future by using the Windows button. This always worked really good as I had control. It requires more steps now and simply seems to be messed up.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Some applications have been updated today:

- Messaging + Skype
- Outlook Mail and Calender
- Facebook Beta
- Microsoft Photos (WARNING: According to WMPoweruser, this update causes crashes in folder view. Update at own risk)

EDIT: Thought I would be a Guinea Pig. They are correct, at least in my experience, the update does indeed crash as you swipe over to Folders view.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
From 10572 and 10581 my lumia 720 is running great. Only one urgent problem i think. The freeze screen. I have restart several times using power+volume because this problem. Any of you got this problem? Or just some device

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Had that same thing happe to me after a hard reset on 10572. Went back to 8.1, and upgraded to 10582. Heard people sucsessfully restore messages after hard reset, if you choose not to restore phone form previous back up, but instead start it "fresh". In fear of having it happen again, I think I'm staying here until a fix is available.

I started completely "fresh" after a hard reset. I didn't restore from backup....is that the problem?

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to try 10581, but my L535 on 10549 is stuck on "Downloading Update 0%".

A soft reset didn't sort it. Actually I'm not sure this soft reset is even working - Volume Down+Lock is starting up Windows Feedback before the device reboots, really ****ing odd!

So I'm going to try hard reset, get it running with very few apps, put Insider on and then try again.

DeanoWC

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from previous build on my L735, no hard reset.

Issues that I had on last build that are still there:-

When I create a new email it doesn't pick up my contacts bar about 4? So if i start typing a name in the "to" area it will not show me any options, I have to select the person from people and send an email from there if I do not know their email address.

As mentioned previously in this thread, Cortana will not play music by a specific person or a specific song e.g If I say "Play the beach boys" it returns a bing search page, it does play music if I say "Play my music" though.

Favourites not syncing in Edge

Motion data app not updating (as many people have noted!)

New issues on this build

The known issue regarding Storage

Similarly the Insider Hub App not responding

as someone else mentioned the App list sometimes remains bright.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Operates very much like 8.1 now.Smooth and responsive for me.The only issue I have with this build is the storage.My internal memory does not show so I cannot check app storage.My remaining memory shows on storage live tile and it's pretty close to what I've had on previous builds.

For the first time in a long while I did not do a hard reset because then you lose storage settings.

Have to say performance has been excellent on my 640
Without the reset and I get to keep all my settings

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned previously in this thread, Cortana will not play music by a specific person or a specific song e.g If I say "Play the beach boys" it returns a bing search page, it does play music if I say "Play my music" though.

I tried this myself and it worked as intended, on my device.

as someone else mentioned the App list sometimes remains bright.

I noticed this too. It fixed itself once I did this:

Settings > System > Display > Turn off automatically adjust display brightness > Select a level > Turn on automatically adjust display brightness.

EDIT: Seems that only "fixes" it temporarily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon