Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

saisam4u

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded my Lumia 830 to this build coming from 10572. Apart from a bump in perfomance as in extremely smooth and fluidic transitions, there is nothing new atall as in features!! only one bugg is the SD card showing up real weird names in the storage sense and phone memory not showng up atall. but everything works fine when u access it from the file manager. Battery life is pretty good too......i see far lesser drain, and i havnt hard reset post update

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I must say ... WOOOW, first time I see something like this, I'm using Lumia 640LTE, did an update directly, without any resetting, etc, after update I also didn't reset anything, just left it over the night so all files could settle. Today it's speedy as Bugatti Veyron.
Now I really think that we are close to the end of the Insider game :). I also had some updates like camera, photos, skype and messaging, office, outlook mail, and some others. Maybe there are some apps that doesn't work, but I don't use them so don't know...

saisam4u

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
i have a wweird problem though since being on build 10572 and this build 10581. My Lumia 830 screen blinks or winks or flashes for a second every now and then.......its as if the screen is fluctuating......but just maybe one blink for a second and everything works again, no crashes, no reboot or restarts happen.......and there is nothing wrong with the screen am sure coz i had reverted back to 8.1 and the problem stopped for a week.....the moment i upgraded to 100581, it has started again. anyone else facing this problem??

Marko Lainio

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 640. It works extremely well on it!

Internet Sharing works perfectly. No problems. and sharing continues normally even if phone is locked. Battery drains much slower than what it did on previous build. All the apps I use daily work perfectly.

I didn't do any resets after this update and everything seems to work great! Previous build had issues with phone restarting itself, so far this build has been very stable.

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
L920
Camera still lags when moving the camera.
Skype I haven't tested yet, but on build 572 I could start a session but the other side couldn't turn on camera.
Lock screen is faster.
Loading images still takes a bit longer, but now screenshots are there instant, before either didn't come or came after long time.
So all in all its better, will update if I find more differences for me :)

saisam4u

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
yes i tried changing the background but no change.....it happens like once in a few hours while in use but otherwise its ok. it happens while using whatsapp, playing videos at times too and few other apps. never happens while playing games.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic Build 10581 Lumia 928, Updated from 10549 that was also running fantastic with no problems or issues. B4 starting i check & did all updates, removed any unused & temp files, did a backup. The updates (2) went flawless but at the beginning starting at 0% stayed for about 15 minutes then started to show progress so be patient but it went thru all it's updates without a hitch than ask for restart, or schedule one, I restarted and started updates 1-23 "this is worth the wait" this takes a little bit for me about 1-1/2 hours from the start but when it's done open's to your start screen and in the end I did no hard reset. Some apps still may be updating so give it a little time. I had not one problem, all apps, settings was as they were. Yes do have Glance screen with notifications, date setting's but I only get the day showing, background setting's, and so on. Overall I think this RTM close it is smooth, lightning fast, no loading or resuming issues, no start screen freezing issues, open & close app quick, W Central App quicker, on a scale 1-10 (10 being best) I would give 8" I think Gabe A.. and the rest of the team deserves a big Thank You.

Last edited:

blckDTshadow

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the start screen bug. Looked real funny and it was increadibly hard to get to Settings. I managed it though. Biggest bummer for me: Hey Cortana is not available in Germany. I checked setting my phone to UK and it worked, but not in Germany. That's a real bummer for me, since I just bought a 930. I am not gonna roll back though, since I really like the build so far (well almost ;) ). Any german user managed to get Hey Cortana working?

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
yes i tried changing the background but no change.....it happens like once in a few hours while in use but otherwise its ok. it happens while using whatsapp, playing videos at times too and few other apps. never happens while playing games.

I to suffer this "flash of black" every now and then on my 830, so might be a device issue? It doesn't raise a diagnostic report, so might have to set some manual feedback.

Also, anyone know where Call+SMS Filter has gone, the tile disappeared. When I go to Phone >> Blocked Calls, it bumps me back to Start. Any ideas?

G.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Currently in "Preparing to install updates 47%" with Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (10.0.10581.0).;. and Insider Fast configuration update.;.

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
This is actually faster, it feels more complete than the last build. I did a side by side comparison between 10572 and this one same phone (640XL) on both and guess what, boot time is faster on this new build by about 5-10 seconds from cold boot on this new one. the transitions are also much more fluid

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, seeing this too on the last couple of builds. On 830.

i have a wweird problem though since being on build 10572 and this build 10581. My Lumia 830 screen blinks or winks or flashes for a second every now and then.......its as if the screen is fluctuating......but just maybe one blink for a second and everything works again, no crashes, no reboot or restarts happen.......and there is nothing wrong with the screen am sure coz i had reverted back to 8.1 and the problem stopped for a week.....the moment i upgraded to 100581, it has started again. anyone else facing this problem??

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Curious one. My alarm didn't work this morning. Overslept by an hour!! It seems the alarm isn't working under the lock screen.

Anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria