Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Curious one. My alarm didn't work this morning. Overslept by an hour!! It seems the alarm isn't working under the lock screen.

Anyone else?

Every time you update your phone, you have to setup again your sounds, first of all the alarms. It works well, but by default is set to Default sound, wich means none in builds

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Every time you update your phone, you have to setup again your sounds, first of all the alarms. It works well, but by default is set to Default sound, wich means none in builds

Nice hint! Have set my morning alarm to Nokia Clock, thankfully always worked without extra steps up to now, including this morning.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I would like to read an explanation once, because I did not yet see any idea of a proof for this mantra. You quick explanation describes multitasking. Indeed, if I work with multiple apps at the same time, it is good practice to keep them open. But I am talking about tasks I am finished with. Why should I keep them open blocking resources of the device and destroying overview in the task view, hindering me from working effectively with multiple apps I actually want to use at that time? It is fine that Windows handles paused tasks better than other systems though.

Nope, after some seconds the app is suspended so it has nothing to do with multitasking. The app stops running but its image is kept in memory. Resuming from memory if you switch back to it is much faster (unless the developer put some logics in resuming code). On the other hand if the system needs memory for an app you are using it will unload the oldest suspended image from memory.

This is not Android, you do not need to manage resources :) From how you write you think about windows desktop or android, this is different.

And about "destroying my task view", apps are ordered by the OS by most recently used if I'm correct so your mostly used apps will always be on top.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Using the new build for a couple hours now. Been loving it, really fast and smooth. I will post here all the feedback I've sent to MS later.

Andreja Dodov

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020
The phone is much more responsive.
The only annoying bugs i have found are:
- Wifi, cant connect to new wifi if Wifi Sense is ON. Yoou must turn it off and then it is ok. after connecting, you can return WiFi sens On again.
- Notifications are not synced quite well
- The dialer in "smart dial" mode is very very very slow. You have to press numbers slowly so the dialer don't forget some presses.
- glance screen and weather don't cooperate :)

that is for now.

Synth_FG

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Like the build, fells almost complete,
Still have the issue with the hotspot connection dying when the screen locks on the device which is very annoying

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it was broken. Thanks for noticing, because others thought I was the only one... But, yeah, it works now.

I don't think that was the issue. I think it was your usage of notifications and live tiles that caused people to respond the way they did. Everyone, rightfully I might add, assumed you meant all. If you had stated it was only WhatsApp, Facebook and the other application you were using, you wouldn't have received so many comments saying it worked.

After the last build, I thought I would take some time before giving any feedback. I deliberately went back to 8.1, as I hoped it would help in the 8.1 > 10 transition feedback.

All this is on a Lumia 930 CVGB IE

- Lumia Camera still doesn't work for recording video.
- Storage, as stated in the release notes, is quite "borked" in this release.
- Groove is somewhat flaky for me sometimes.
- Insider Hub is completely missing on my device, I'm guessing this is an issue a few are facing.
- Motion Data has an update and won't finish updating. The failed update, I assume, has caused the application to stop opening. It was prior to the update attempt.
- Hey Cortana works perfectly for me.
- Photos are okay, with no real issues. Though, I'm doing some testing with "Living Images" on/off now.
- Speed seems slightly better than previous build. Less resuming, thus far.
- SMS messages, unlike previous build, have not actually appeared this time for me.
- Messaging settings has more options. Mainly to do with chat.
- The one-handed message that appears, is temporary like in previous build.
- Messaging's Skype contact sync was better this time, with their names, instead of Skype username, being synced.
- Someone said they were unable to change the third action on the notification shade. I can confirm, on my device, it works as intended.
- The Store updated and installed applications much better this time, than the previous build. I could leave it to update.
- Battery life has become better again, the previous build was "okay" for me.
- Not really much has changed from previous build, from what I can see.
- When using Microsoft Camera, and a message comes through, I am able to initiate the reply within the notification but the keyboard never shows.
- Store "My Library" is a little smoother than previous build. Also, it took a shorter amount of time to become smooth. It still needs work though.
- The application list, so far, hasn't got a little "stuck" once I scrolled to the bottom. Unlike the previous build.
- Data connection seems more reliable.
- Edge is faster; possibly due to a more reliable data connection.
- App list doesn't "dim" sometimes.
- Start in the task viewer has no icon. Just a grey box.

Will continue to update and give feedback when I can.

Last edited:

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed on Lumia 635, did a hard reset. Skype Messaging and Skype Video contacts no long sync. Unable to add or search skype contacts.

Somehow feels like previous build 10572 is much smoother and faster, especially on launching apps. "Loading" "Resuming" issue seems to be fixed. Insider Hub app is missing. MS Edge favourites no long sync from PC. All my favourites gone.

Last edited:

Nejcooo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My Hong Kong 920 got rekt by error. Only solution was to use win recovery tool and start all over from 8.1. Camera is fixed, but does anyone has storage problems? Storage in settings won't load correctly, I can't access graphs that show what thakes up space

gabi tanase

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Me too.lumia535

My Hong Kong 920 got rekt by error. Only solution was to use win recovery tool and start all over from 8.1. Camera is fixed, but does anyone has storage problems? Storage in settings won't load correctly, I can't access graphs that show what thakes up space

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Read Gabe's blog, he warned about the storage settings bug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria