10586 - What to do about all the apps that keep failing to update?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this on another thread, has anybody noticed that WP7 apps in your library are available to download and they actually work? I downloaded Pageonce (bka Check) and Geico even though they're both mothballed and they work.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
all stuck apps updated today except Extras + Info on my 640XL. It is still the old one which states "software release" at the top where it should read Windows 10 Mobile. There are no updates in the store. When I go the new Extras + Info store link it only offers me to "open" the existing one.
On my wife's 640XL all is fine and it installed/updated the latest Extras + Info. When I compare all the segment version #s on mine are indeed from the old build.

I rebooted, soft reset and retried the store app but nothing works.
odd, not sure what else to do about it other than a hard reset. Phone runs perfectly fine otherwise, so I don't feel like doing a hard reset at the moment.

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that uninstalling Lumia Moments solve the Microsoft Photos plug-in continuous / endless update.
640XL and 930

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
How is everyone getting rid of the app update reminders for the apps that fail to update?

I just installed the latest build on my 640 XL and did a hard reset, no restore, and there are like almost a dozen apps that say they have updates but fail to install. I click the X to remove them, but when I check for updates again they just come back and fail again.

I also have this issue on my 1520 after going to 10586 and doing a hard reset.

When I llooked in storage, some of the apps I had moved to the SD card. When they were moved back to device they were able to update.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
For that, go in Photos, open an existing Rich Capture picture, it will lead you to the Store and you'll install "another" photos plugins.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I found that after I hard reset my 640, and set it up to auto-install apps to the SD card that it installed Glance, Motion Data, Rate Us, and Touch on the SD even though they aren't allowed to be on SD. When updates arrived they wouldn't install, and didn't provide an error, they just kept trying again. I finally got them to update by manually moving them to internal storage, but they still don't work. So I think they got "broken" by being on SD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2