Facebook app not working

the pashmeister

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1020 with Windows 10 insider preview installed. A few weeks ago my Twitter app refused to update so I uninstalled it and tried again. It then refused to work so I uninstalled it and installed Peregrine app instead.
This morning my Facebook app refuses to work. It opens, then goes straight back to the start screen. I uninstalled it, but now can't reinstall the app because the store still says that it is installed. I now have the Facebook app header on my app list and a weird but useless tile on my start screen that just says I have one update. I can't uninstall the app again and I can't install it.
I've tried a soft reset 3 times and switched it off and on 3 times, but still no change. I've tried checking for updates in the store but nothing is found.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Thank you

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1020 with Windows 10 insider preview installed. A few weeks ago my Twitter app refused to update so I uninstalled it and tried again. It then refused to work so I uninstalled it and installed Peregrine app instead.
This morning my Facebook app refuses to work. It opens, then goes straight back to the start screen. I uninstalled it, but now can't reinstall the app because the store still says that it is installed. I now have the Facebook app header on my app list and a weird but useless tile on my start screen that just says I have one update. I can't uninstall the app again and I can't install it.
I've tried a soft reset 3 times and switched it off and on 3 times, but still no change. I've tried checking for updates in the store but nothing is found.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Thank you

Install Facebook Beta

the pashmeister

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Where can I install Facebook Beta from? It doesn't show up in the store. My Facebook seems to have fixed itself overnight. I managed to reinstall it. Sometimes these problems go away after the phone has had a sleep!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon