Where do i copy my .m3u files to?

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i have my new l950 with a 128 gb sd card. I copied all of my music files (not albums) to the music directory on the sd card. And I have about 10 playlists with the .m3u file extension. i have put them in the same music folder on the sd card and also in the playlist folder within the music folder within the phone memory. Still they will not appear in Groove. Any ideas on where they should be residing? No real help on any MS sites.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
thank you. i have my music set to the sd card. i made a playlist in groove with one song in it but i cannot see it on the sd card anywhere. i even took out the card and put it into thevpc. what am i doing wrong ???

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Copy playlists from a PC to a Windows 10 Mobile device
There are two ways to get your playlists onto your Windows10 Mobile device.

1.Make your playlists using the Groove music app on your PC.They’ll automatically show up in Groove on your Windows 10 Mobile device.

2.Connectyour Windows 10 Mobile device to your PC and manually add the files for yourplaylists to the Music folder on your device. You might need to sync the actualsongs for your playlists, too.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for this, I finally did see this on the MS website. What I had done origibnally was to import my playlists from my documents folder into Groove for PC. They came in ok and would play on the PC but they did not automatically go to the phone. So, i made up one new playlist on the PC in Groove and, straight away, it appeared in Groove on my L950. So I made new copies of all of my playlists in Groove on the PC and they came to th ephone. Strange , thpugh, that when I originnally imported them they did not show up on the phone. But at leaast now I have working playlists on my Lumia. Thanks for all the help !

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just an update guys... I looked for the folder again last night for my playlists and it is not in the SD card/Music folder. I also checked phone/music/playlists and they are not there either. They are still in Groove ok so where are they? HAs anyone checked theirs to see the location?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
OK for every app, there is a local folder which is not accessible from the file folder. Playlists are saved there as you are not allowed to manually edit. Only possible way is to create the playlist on PC / or import the playlist into groove on pc and then sync it to phone.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
@ajayden,

Thank you. I have done this as you say. I created brand new playlists in Groove PC and they came in automatically to Groove Mobile. So, it all works. So I can see now that there is no point looking for the local playlist file residing on the phone because I will never find it. Understood. Thanks again.A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6