Cortana again

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Right, we are now three builds down the road from my last gripe, and things are still the same.

1) No notifications of flight tracking, parcel tracking

2) No refreshing of headlines on live tile

3) Live tile, still not 'live'. Still stops after a couple of minutes. Have to swipe screen, then it flickers and comes back to life, still displaying same headline timed 12 hours ago, or such like.

4) Still no Health app as a connected account

Am I doing something wrong? Works brilliantly on 8.1, so have I missed a setting???

Thomas Wadsworth

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I changed my region, language setting to the us and all my problems with Cortana went away. I eventually changed it back because the so called "news" it was providing me was garbage. All other regions for Cortana really need an update

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I suppose I could give that yet another try. Cheers. Again, I thought I was the only one. Strange how the other phones in my business seem to work ok???

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I changed my region, language setting to the us and all my problems with Cortana went away. I eventually changed it back because the so called "news" it was providing me was garbage. All other regions for Cortana really need an update

Well, I tried it (again). Got a notification or two then that was it. The sports news was all about rounders, netball and rugby for tarts, lol. Reverted back, like you, and now I have no interests! I'll have to get my t-shirt out 'keel calm and notifications off!' I cant beleive that MSN sport is better than a program that uses it!! Oh well, Sky Sports apps it is then. Thanks for your input

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll add to this....USA Region.

"Hey Cortana" does not work immediately after restart or boot up, on a Lumia 950XL with latest Insider build .107. It does sort of work if the Cortana app is started up MANUALLY. "Hey Cortana" works randomly, whenever it wants to. I can be yelling at the tops of my lungs and no response. But Cortana will pop up randomly for no reason, even in dead silence. Like it's possessed. I can be reading a news article to myself and Cortana will pop up like someone said "Hey Cortana".

I have not tested the other Cortana features, but I'm sure they don't work like advertised either. Totally sad, especially since it's supposed to be baked into the OS and touted as awesome and useful.

aroy27

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I do hope that MS releases Cortana in other regions at least as Beta along with enabling "Hey Cortana". People have been patient enough.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I do hope that MS releases Cortana in other regions at least as Beta along with enabling "Hey Cortana". People have been patient enough.

They will, but it takes a lot of work to get ALL the back end infrastructure in place to get Cortana on par with regions that already have Cortana available. It was like that in the UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon