New update 10586.122

Maaks

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
L735 and upgraded to W10 2 days ago. Only thing with what I'm not happy is Groove (over BT). My Toyota doesn't play music anymore :). I remove pairing, paired again then it started to work somehow (but didn't let to browse music on phone). Next morning nothing again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So that means at older phones and cannot get RS are forced to wait until it's released for our phones. Now that doesn't seem fair now, does it?

It's a sign of consciousness by Gabe's team: Redstone still beta on older phones has much higher risk of total unusability (imagine on 512 MB phone)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated overnight, slept while it updated so I don't know how long it took. Looks okay, no noticeable difference. Alarm still worked

Lumia 1020, cyan firmware, now on 10586.122

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Initially the messaging app would say "loading" and then crash after 30 seconds. After a couple of hours though this went back to normal and no further issues. I am waiting to perform the firmware update on Lumia1020 then I will do a hard reset.

There's a firmware update for lumia 1020? For all worldwide users or a select few countries? I'm still on cyan firmwarew

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
L640 upgraded without any problems to .122
Overall performance is much much better than .107 build. Apps running really smooth, and I must say that the battery lasts definitelly longer than before- however everything changes for me when I switch location ON- this is something which causes excessive battery drain in my phone! It's not a big issue for me as I don't need GPS to be ON all the time, but for many people this might be crucial.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by windobuddies625
Originally Posted by Federico Turban

And so far, how your device is going with the new Build?

Going great. The start logo when u open multitasking is still isn't there :-/ and vibrate when call answered still doesn't work. Apart from that. I found no problem 😊
Nice :) I've found that this build is rock solid and I really like it. I just want to know if here are some users with 512 MB first gen phones (Lumia 520, 620, 625, 720) and having a nice experience too.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Issues which I am observing since I joined Slow Ring W10M Preview on my Lumia 830. When I joined I got .29 version. Later got upgraded to .63 and .107. After upgrading to .107, I did hard-reset wiping all data and having fresh phone with no backup restored. Below is list of issues-
- Screen turns OFF while using some apps (Twitter, Microsoft Health) or sometimes even while on Start Screen
- Films & TV (earlier known as Movies & TV?) does not restore last played Video after app is started. Xbox Video had this feature. Besides Xbox video remembered last played position of all videos, Films & TV does not remember last played position of any video, and it resumes from beginning.
- Apps like Lumia Motion Data, Gestures & Touch, Rate Your Device and Equaliser are showing update available, but when I hit update, they start downloading but stops and displays message "Error - see details". If I touch this error line, downloading resumes and stops. So this apps never update, even after I reboot phone.
- Issue observed with .63 (not checked yet in .107) - Offline map was not downloading for my region.

Any workaround for these issues? Anybody else observed these issues?
Most issues which I observed with .107 still exists in .122. Only offline maps downloads was resolved in .107.
Apps update is still not working for apps I mentioned earlier.

Miro E

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I had similar problems with updating some apps but I moved them from SD card to my phone and then take SD card from my phone and did the update and it worked...

Tiyrell

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The apps not updating on my 640 disappeared after a restore to factory defaults on 122.
The apps have gone.
I am guessing that when you update from 8.1 those apps will go away as well, but when updating from 107 to 122 they won't.

Anyway, happy with build 122 so far on my 640 and 520. Both work fine and the 520 is very happy with this build.

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
.122 feels more stable and fluid, but we are reaching a point where in the next 2 ou 3 builds we are not going to see any real difference in speed, just reliability, like pc version, in the beginning you could see huge performance jumps! Booting, Restarting etc...i think the same will happen to mobile, it will be ''under the hood'' changes!

bhojan

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 on 512MB Ram devices is still a work in progress.OS doesn't seems to be smooth in my my Lumia 620.
On the other hand on my 640XL it is very stable.
Still I miss the smoothness of 8.1 but feature wise 10 is better than 8.1

For all 512MB RAM device owners --- continue using 8.1 rather than 10 if you prefer smoothness.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a $30.00 640 to replace my dead 1520 (battery died) and I got it up to build 10586.122 did hard reset and as I am moving in the last step is custom ringtones and notifications (for me anyway).

So I set my ringtones in .m4r format moved over to the ringtone folder via my PC and when I go to sounds to set my tones they don't show up on the drop down menu at all.

Any ideas? Or is this just broke on the current build?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a $30.00 640 to replace my dead 1520 (battery died) and I got it up to build 10586.122 did hard reset and as I am moving in the last step is custom ringtones and notifications (for me anyway).

So I set my ringtones in .m4r format moved over to the ringtone folder via my PC and when I go to sounds to set my tones they don't show up on the drop down menu at all.

There was a long thread here, try Search function in forum

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
What about performance on your Lumia 520? Is good enough?

I got 620 (quite similar hardware compared to 520) and still got a few problems:

1. Still no sms notifications - that is really bad.
2. Still random hangs while using and they need phone reboot. Sometimes the phone just hangs while closing an app or doing something that seems to be RAM consuming and needs to delete some existing resources (or load existing ones?).
3. Lock screen - everything (time, badges etc.) shows up after a while. It is there from the beginning for me and nothing changed here. Really annoying.
4. Edge seems to work better - but needs more testing.
5. Performance seems to be slightly better. This is my first impression of better performance since .29 build.

There are other issues but not worth mentioning. I wouldn't make this a release build for my Lumia, but I can see improvements. Though 512 MB seems to be too little for W10 (yet?).

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I was able to see and set custom ringtones, but they never worked. The ones that I had set for various users would always revert to default sounds.

My 3 biggest gripes with 10: Custom ringtones never worked for me. Cortana's inability to automatically set quite hours based on calendar appointments. Failure of Bluetooth sync with my car about 90% of the time.

Since rolling back to 8.1, everything works flawlessly and I'm in no hurry at all to try 10 again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon