The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-16-2016 06:12 AM
326 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I thought they had fixed the maps app UI in landscape, but there's still a giant horizontal bar blocking the top 30% of the screen.

Also not thrilled that HERE Drive stopped working.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    Chippy757 likes this.
    04-03-2016 02:50 PM
    Got a Lumia 950 last Friday to replace my Lumia 925. As with the 925 I enrolled it in the Fast Ring.
    Everything went fine, till this morning when I wanted to check my e-mail and calendar.
    Both apps won't start, and return to the start screen immediately.
    Screen blacks and returns, not even showing the apps.

I noticed there was an update for the Mail and Calendar app, so I updated it.
    But even after a restart of the phone the app(s) won't start.

Very annoying as the calendar on my phone is the one I use as my main one to combine several calendars.
    Private, work, Facebook.

If anyone knows of a workaround/fix for this, that would be great.
    Otherwise I am stepping down a ring level or even restore the phone.
    Which I would really hate as I have just set everything up :-(
    04-03-2016 04:22 PM
    Is there a way to simply back up an install to before Redstone? I been with WP for a while and haven't heard of one, but I would hate to do a hard reset. What I am dealing with right now is pretty darn frustrating.
    04-03-2016 06:15 PM
    Hi GKun :
    I turned off the phone (press and hold the middle button)
    The, I went to the Store app but it would not open. This is when I did a soft reset (don't want to lose my data).
    To soft reset- press and hold the middle button + while holding press and hold the low volume button. It may take few seconds.
    I went back to Store app and it came up this time.
    I did see the affected apps are lined up for update. Why they did not get auto update? I have no idea.
    So, I updated them all.
    Restarted the phone- still issues.
    Restarted and went back to Store app. To my surprise, those same apps needed update again! So, I updated them again.
    Restarted the phone.
    It is this time my apps became normal.

Well, I said apps are working normal. That's not 100% true. I see the similar symptoms (pressing home button closes already opened apps!). I just do a restart the phone and it works for a while.

I understand the codes are beta and bugs are expected. I am hopping for a better build soon and I should not have to do this phone restart business!
    Last edited by Prodip Saha; 04-03-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: In reference to question from GKun
    04-03-2016 09:59 PM
    Well, MSN Sports and MSN News have completely stopped working, try to uninstall MSN News and re install it. Getting error 0x8000700006 when trying to download. Powerpoint and Facebook Beta are getting the same error as well.

Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim
    04-04-2016 01:05 AM
    Hi GKun :
    I turned off the phone (press and hold the middle button)
    The, I went to the Store app but it would not open. This is when I did a soft reset (don't want to lose my data).
    To soft reset- press and hold the middle button + while holding press and hold the low volume button. It may take few seconds.
    I went back to Store app and it came up this time.
    I did see the affected apps are lined up for update. Why they did not get auto update? I have no idea.
    So, I updated them all.
    Restarted the phone- still issues.
    Restarted and went back to Store app. To my surprise, those same apps needed update again! So, I updated them again.
    Restarted the phone.
    It is this time my apps became normal.

Well, I said apps are working normal. That's not 100% true. I see the similar symptoms (pressing home button closes already opened apps!). I just do a restart the phone and it works for a while.

I understand the codes are beta and bugs are expected. I am hopping for a better build soon and I should not have to do this phone restart business!
    Soft reset is holding vol down + power, NOT only power
    04-04-2016 03:08 AM
    Hello everyone. I had problems with wifi in this build both on my Lumia 930 as in my notebook. Whenever I change a router to another, the connection fails and is hard work to reconnect. Yesterday I could not connect my laptop. I do not know if the problem is that a router is configured with WPA2 and others are configured with WPA.
    04-04-2016 06:31 AM
    I have a Verizon 735. If I change the SIM card I lose access to mobile data. WiFi still works, calling and SMS work also. Only fix I found was to factory reset.
    04-04-2016 06:37 AM
    I have a Verizon 735. If I change the SIM card I lose access to mobile data. WiFi still works, calling and SMS work also. Only fix I found was to factory reset.
    If you change sim card, your phone needs a new APN setting given by data carrier. Once done, phone remembers settings and switch itself when the sim is detected.
    If you don't do that, APN will be lost and you cannot connect to data
    04-04-2016 06:42 AM
    Hello everyone. I had problems with wifi in this build both on my Lumia 930 as in my notebook. Whenever I change a router to another, the connection fails and is hard work to reconnect. Yesterday I could not connect my laptop. I do not know if the problem is that a router is configured with WPA2 and others are configured with WPA.
    On build release news, they recommended using WPA2 protocols
    04-04-2016 06:42 AM
    Just as one final 'F-You' from this build: I decide to factory reset to go back to production.... nope, the damn factory reset on the phone crashes too! Why not? Everything else in this build is a joke, why not this?
    04-04-2016 07:03 AM
    Goto Cellular+SIM in settings. Set you connection speed (2G or 3G), check out APN settings. It will work.
    04-04-2016 07:13 AM
    So I found out why I am getting the error 0x8000700006. These apps can not be installed on an SD Card. My Facebook Beta and powerpoint have been on my SD Card since I began using w10m. I have very little room on my phone. (8gb is a STUPID amount of storage for any phone in this day and age) Hopefully it is just this build. I am down to 2.28GB of storage on my phone. My SD Card has 33GB of storage available. This is starting to feel more and more like Android, and I don't like it. I's not letting me install any apps to SD. Very disappointing.

Facebook and Instagram, to name a few are over 100mb, that is too large to be storing on a phone with 8gb of storage. Install 10 apps of 100+mb and that over a GB right there.

Thankfully it is letting me move some apps back to SD, none of the large ones though. Like I said. I remember having to deal with this on Android years ago.
    04-04-2016 07:40 AM
    Lot's of problems in latest build in lumia 640 dual.
    1.When connect to cellular data phone was freeze.
    2. When play video in any player screen is fluctuate.
    3. Some time phone restart lots of time
    4. Store is not working properly some time app is re-downloading.
    I have the same problem, you have to soft reset 4 or 5 and you're off again ........
    04-04-2016 07:51 AM
    I install the latest version in Lumia 540, I am having data connectivity issues while switching form Mobile data to wifi and vice versa. Some time screen get freezes while switching.
    04-04-2016 08:18 AM
    For what it's worth, I went back to the production W10M build on my Lumia 830. The process was basically:

1. Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore Windows Phone 8.1. Wait for install to finish.
    2. Install Windows Insider App and Enroll in the Insider Release Preview Ring
    3. Upgrade to .107
    4. When finished, upgrade to .164
    5. Hard reset .164 to get settings, etc. back
    6. Wait for 80+ updates to install
    7. Uninstall Crapware

This took most of Saturday.

Gabe Aul's comments were a little flippant in regards to this build. He basically said having something bug-free isn't guaranteed. I think we'd all agree that this build is a mess. I don't think it should have ever been pushed to the slow ring. This is fast ring at best.
    04-04-2016 11:42 AM
    Garmin StreetPilot has decided that I don't own the $30 premium version after the redstone update, while the store shows that I do. Now what? Uninstall/reinstall?
    04-04-2016 11:42 AM
    Garmin StreetPilot has decided that I don't own the $30 premium version after the redstone update, while the store shows that I do. Now what? Uninstall/reinstall?
    I had several apps do the same thing. On some I just hit the in app purchase link and it said I owned it already. On others I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well now.
    Joe920 likes this.
    04-04-2016 12:30 PM
    Sure, uninstall + reinstall
    04-04-2016 12:30 PM
    Windows device recovery tool should do the trick.
    04-04-2016 03:22 PM
    Used device recovery to go back to 8.1 then production 10 from there. much better
    04-04-2016 03:37 PM
    I had several apps do the same thing. On some I just hit the in app purchase link and it said I owned it already. On others I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well now.
    Well, tried it, no luck. It doesn't seem to recognize the license. :(

Edit: after a few restarts (relayed to other apps locking up..) it seems StreetPilot was able to check the license server after all. Weird.

Same thing with MoliPlayer, also lost the license and required a reinstall. Annoying, because you only find out exactly when you need to use the app. For example during a long flight...
    Last edited by Joe920; 04-04-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    04-04-2016 04:14 PM
    I'm going back to Win 8.1 and then prod 10. This is the first slow ring release that has made my phone unusable. Apps were not starting. Apparently lost my windows account which caused People to be empty and that caused messaging to crash every time I tried to start it. But even after getting that synced properly my phone (640 LTE) is randomly rebooting.
    Joe920 likes this.
    04-04-2016 08:42 PM
    The Build also performed poorly on my Lumia 535 phone. the network settings isn't accessible, launching it causes the phone to freeze and i couldn't receive messages either. Turning on Cellular Data from Notifications doesn't work . Battery drain is very random.
    The only workaround i used is taking out one sim cards and it works fine.
    I guess this build wasn't for dual sim phones
    nikosxri likes this.
    04-05-2016 01:47 AM
    Somehow this crap build ended up on my phone despite exiting insider program & opting for production!!! Now my WiFi doesn't work, always connects, says "no internet" and am receiving sporadic notifications, missing many of them unless I manually check my apps.

I suppose, I'm not getting notifications because once WiFi goes to "no internet" it doesn't fall back to mobile data even though it's also on. Nothing is wrong with the WiFi or connection, it is this trash of a build!

Lumia 830.
    Last edited by thron; 04-05-2016 at 02:11 AM.
    04-05-2016 01:59 AM
326 ... 89101112 ...