W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

Slight annoyances found recently on my 830 running 14295

Glance Screen - My Glance screen, when plugged in charging, used to sow all the time! Now it doesn't... Actually the glance screen only shows once after I've rebooted my phone, then it doesn't show again!

Video Playback in Edge - When watching a video in Edge, if I maximise to the screen and then tap the screen (to advance the playback or pause, causes a nice strobing effect that could almost be epilepsy enducing (this could be connected to the 830's intermittent screen blanking!)

Screen Blanking - As mentioned above! Apparently a known bug since the early Windows 10 days!!!

Rotation Lock - My rotation lock stops working! ie: when in a program that looks better in Landscape and I rotate, everything stays Portrait! (Maps, Sygic, Edge, Photos etc...)

Brightness Control - My screen seems to lock itself to MAX brightness when set to Automatic! (currently set to Low to save battery!)

Cortana/Bluetooth - Cortana now seems to be ignoring me when I want to 'voice dial' or 'voice text' over Bluetooth!!

Otherwise everything else is hunky dory!! :)

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site

I only received the build on one of my 2 insider phones, still waiting for the other phone to get the build, so I can compare.
The feedback app no longer works on the new build, have to go to feedback hub. I been complaining about the calendar showing people's birthdays in duplicate, in settings there should be a way to turn off the birthday reminders, and wand up turning off calendar reminders, which means I don't get appointment reminders.
I'm glad I have my BLU WIN HD LTE phone, which is running Windows 10, build 164. When I setup the calendar there was a setting to turn off birthdays, so I don't get those reminders,
but do get the appointment reminders.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The feedback app no longer works on the new build, have to go to feedback hub. I been complaining about the calendar showing people's birthdays in duplicate, in settings there should be a way to turn off the birthday reminders, and wand up turning off calendar reminders, which means I don't get appointment reminders.

1 - it was told since weeks about the new hub
2 - There's THAT settings in calendar, tap the hamburger on top left and unselect duplicate calendars (like "Your name" Birthdays and Facebook Birthdays, choose one. You can also change colors)

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Email notifications on lock/glance have never, on this build or any other worked for me.

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Issue I have found is that when my region and language is set to Canada, I cannot type or speak reminders to Cortana. She just Bings "Remind Me". I switched settings to USA, and it works fine. I asked LumiaHelps on Twitter and am still waiting for them to get back to me after saying they were looking into it.

LeFreak

May 12, 2015
Visit site

On a 950XL (dual sim) & find 14295 have fixed one core issue for me (connecting my band 2), but it's re-introduced an issue with Speech Language that - despite all regional, language & keyboard setting set to English (US) - i can't download English (US) as speech language. Despite trying a couple of hard/soft resets I only see "error downloading"! No Cortana for me at the moment
Re-enroll in the fast ring and try again.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 830 on 14295:
* When switching apps, the old app usually doesn't show up in the multitasking menu. When resuming the app, it starts from scratch. Looks like the app is crashing when going to the background
* Clicking mail notifications opens the mail app but not the message. Sometimes the rest of the mail notifications just disappear. Also had this bug in .164.
* Video flickering issue everyone else has

Slow ring should be builds without major issues like these.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830 on 14295:
* When switching apps, the old app usually doesn't show up in the multitasking menu. When resuming the app, it starts from scratch. Looks like the app is crashing when going to the background
* Clicking mail notifications opens the mail app but not the message. Sometimes the rest of the mail notification just disappears. Also had this bug in .164.
* Video flickering issue everyone else has

Slow ring should be builds without major issues like these.

1 - it depends of app. The Win10 version don't do that. Whatsapp even (it closed always when tapping back, before). Are you sure you got last version? Every app stays on back, except the 8.1 ones

Strange only s400 platform got video iussue

Saqib Sabih

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

I was having a hard time using this build, then I reset my phone and now everything is going great.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site

This build installed on my phone this morning and it's been rebooting every 5 minutes since then. Not sure yet if I'm gonna reset, or recover...

PS: well, I guess I'm gonna use the recover tool, because settings/about/reset/yes does nothing.

PPS: oh good! I didn't realize MS/T-Mo didn't release WM10 for the 640 LTE yet.

Last edited:

yarchlrl

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

HORRIBLE BUILD on 1520. Screen glitches/jumps. No touch screen. Freezing. 1/2 the apps don't work. Should have kept the last build. Now, im back on win8.1

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

After using it since it came out, I can now say this build is ******* atrocious. I love the new maps app, but it isn't worth this headache to have.

Prashant Rehan

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

Unable to open messaging application. But from notification in Amr to open it when new message arrives.

JohnKirkham

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Updated Messaging yesterday, now it won't open at all. Can't uninstall either.

A whole heap of apps updated yesterday with just a 0.1MB download on each app update. Any idea?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

640LTE. Here's couple bug I had:

> Some menu still using english words. Yes I don't use english in my phone.
> Battery!
> Bing lockscreen still somehow broken
> Twitter is missing from People/Social.
>

On my 640XL, screen gets unlock when in pocket
>if i try open a notification from the action center when phone is locked, lock keypad is not shown
>apps frequently showing updates available, but nothing happening.
Done reset, still no change

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Updated Messaging yesterday, now it won't open at all. Can't uninstall either.

A whole heap of apps updated yesterday with just a 0.1MB download on each app update. Any idea?

There's something wrong in Store, apps are showed as Update available even updated yet, it appears and disappears random

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb