Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 14322 Issues (Redstone Branch)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: 14322 just made me a Production build guy, anyone else?

i feel like the opposite. I was scared of preview builds because of bad experiences with W10M fast ring builds in the past.

14322 had enough new features to make me jump on to the fast ring again, and so far I have been lucky to avoid any major problems on my 640.

evanwaustin

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Hope they are storing them somewhere. If not, I guess I just freed up a bunch of space.

Hard reset stopped the wonky notification center stuff.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
First 24 hours with 14322 - I like it!

First when I installed this build yesterday on my L640 I was shocked - apps wont open, they are freezing, phone is restarting, Store and All Apps are messed up... OK - that's enough, go to sleep, then switch to Production build - I thought.

I woke up this morning, tried to run apps again, and this time they all worked. I don't know what happened but it seems new build needs some time to set things up. OK - no switching to production build but 'pending' items in All Apps and Store are really annoying.

Today I tried this: Exit Store, uninstall app which is doubled in All Apps, then install it again. And it worked, it's not doubled on the list anymore, also removed from the Store queue. Then I restarted my phone and those annoying 'pending' items reappeared so this can not fix them. OK, I can live with that.

So why I like this build then?

- This build is generally faster than previous build.
- Flickering when playing videos is gone.
- I like new icons in the Settings app.
- I like Camera button on the Lock screen.
- Edge is noticeable faster, no glitches, no 'not responding' tabs, Forward is there.
- I like grouped notifications.
- Glance screen works better for me, not dimmed as before, no blinking on hover.

So, generally I like this build, but I hope they will release some good update soon to fix 'pending' items.

Also I think Microsoft is doing great job with the Redstone release, and I believe it will bring to our phones some great features we all expected and wanted to come with W10M Threshold.

murali reddy1

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
14295 and 14322 not supporting cellular data on my lumia 640 xl.14322 was post phoned due to cellular data bug , but with out rectifying it they released 14322. will it be rectified in the next update atleast?

Fabian Rangel

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Day two on L535.

Having issues with some apps on SD (Just stay on the splash screen), FM Radio App gone :cry: and language in settings just in english.

BIG issue!

Camera. broken on every single app..

wp_ss_20160414_0002[1].png

thinking on hard reset..

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: 14322 just made me a Production build guy, anyone else?

It's about to, I've been a fast ring guy on PC and phone since the insider program started but holy heck I have one phone and 2 tablets on this build and it is literal trash, like some evil buggy alpha software or something. I did not expect any Win 10 build to be so buggy so long after launch.

It is funny but makes sense how both the PC and Mobile 143222 builds are so buggy, like horribly buggy.

I know it's "fast ring" but you tend to have certain expectations when you use fast ring for a few years and this build just really was much buggier than any previous fast ring insider build.

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Has the Redstone build fixed the unresponsive at times screen and haptic touch? My L1520 dialed, texted, set up an appointment, and hung up a phone call all in a matter of seconds and would not allow me to do anything about it on the previous build.

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: First 24 hours with 14322 - I like it!

Full credit goes to XboxFloat who posted this in the missing FM radio article. This is the fix to the store issues:

I actually created myself a temp solution for the store and double pending tiles in the app list :) I might as well share it here: Go to the download and updates page in the store > download a new app > go back to the download and updates page > wait till the new app starts installing and press PAUSE ALL > wait a few secondes and press RESUME ALL > now all the stuck apps in the download and update page will pretend to download again and complete or give an error, with an error just hit X > finish everything and u will see all the stuck apps will be gone, as well as the pending apps in the apps list. HOOZAH and good luck! :)

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hope this fixes the bug with unlocking the device after a restart the home screen will only show half, while the bottom half (where keyboard was) would be black for a little while.

I also hope this fixes the all app list bug as well as the bug where sometimes tiles dont show the tile icon just a blank square.... Why is this still an issue? I am certain that this was fixed in a previous build.. Yet on 14925.. Still have it.
It still does that. Updating apps that are on your SD card is still broken. Facebook messenger crashes, Netflix crashes before it opens (not sure if this is a redstone thing or w10m thing). MSN News crashes when trying to open, MSN Sports crashes when trying to open (still, hasn't worked since I moved to redstone), Still have blank tiles (SD card thing). Pressing Back and home is still laggy. Thankfully the video flicker has been fixed at least.

HDR replaced Rich capture, (file name still says it is rich capture image) . Also, it takes at least 3-5 minutes to touches to HDR/Rich Capture images

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Re: First 24 hours with 14322 - I like it!

Full credit goes to XboxFloat who posted this in the missing FM radio article. This is the fix to the store issues:

I actually created myself a temp solution for the store and double pending tiles in the app list :) I might as well share it here: Go to the download and updates page in the store > download a new app > go back to the download and updates page > wait till the new app starts installing and press PAUSE ALL > wait a few secondes and press RESUME ALL > now all the stuck apps in the download and update page will pretend to download again and complete or give an error, with an error just hit X > finish everything and u will see all the stuck apps will be gone, as well as the pending apps in the apps list. HOOZAH and good luck! :)

Wow. You da man. Fixed everything. Including my WhatsApp which thought it installed but didn't. All good now.

If I could only get the "Insider" Groove and "Insider" Maps...... but alas not yet. Any ideas?

wisedesi

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
1520 ATT

Few apps cannot be updated and stuck in limbo. (had issue in previous build)
After reboot bottom hal of the screen does not render in the beginning (previous build also had it)
Cortana bit flaky.
Podcast app does not display any information about album,artist ... on Bluetooth.

Over all much better build than previous 14xxx build, this should be released to slow ring ASAP.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Re: Overall of Build 14322

I drag and drop this from another Windows Central thread.... Worked for me...

"Full credit goes to XboxFloat who posted this in the missing FM radio article. This is the fix to the store issues:

I actually created myself a temp solution for the store and double pending tiles in the app list :) I might as well share it here: Go to the download and updates page in the store > download a new app > go back to the download and updates page > wait till the new app starts installing and press PAUSE ALL > wait a few secondes and press RESUME ALL > now all the stuck apps in the download and update page will pretend to download again and complete or give an error, with an error just hit X > finish everything and u will see all the stuck apps will be gone, as well as the pending apps in the apps list. HOOZAH and good luck! :"

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
My 640 XL works great after upgrading from .218, but my 650 was an absolute nightmare. Took 8 hard resets and a few tries with WDRT before it worked. Crazy limbo apps and duplicate limbo app installations while the apps were already installed. But seems to work now

Anthony Basit

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Many bugs found in this build. Data Connection going hang my phone and camera won't start. Besides the apps are not working, cellular sim are hiding so you can't open data connection. Another is some apps are fade icon and can't use now. In the future please fix this. The fix issues are the known issues and the known issues are the good use. Woe......

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow. The only problem I have seen so far on my 950XL is the issue with Hello, which I have now turned off. Everything else working pretty much perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes